Home

OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

This is a discussion on OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 02:54 AM   #41
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg2345
I'm just posing a question or two. Lets say for sh*ts and giggles the PS3 version is clearly better. Will it matter if people choose the PS3 Madden versus the 360 Madden? Lets say many folks do not get the PS3 because they can't afford it, I'm sure they will get Madden on the other consoles right? There is no other football choice. EA will get the money regardless.

So who's to say the PS3 can't clearly be better? Its not like EA can lose here. Just playing devil's advocate here. Just so you know this is coming from someone who has a 360 and will probably still ONLY have a 360 until late 2007.

I'm not saying that one will be better than the other for sure, I'm just throwing something out there.
I don't think anyone has dismissed the possibilty of the PS3 version having the potential to be the clearly better version to get. It's just that you really can't come to that conclusion based on the interview that IGN did with Chiang.

Yet some of us on these boards are doing exactly that. Drawing that type of conclusion and twisting what someone's saying to make your argument valid is what fanboyism is all about. And 90% of us here don't really give a hoot which version will be better. What irks us though is the opportunistic nature that certain fanboys exhibit every chance they get to "prop" up their system of choice. Totally not what should be discussed.

We should all be getting a little more optimistic that perhaps EA will have a physics engine that will FINALLY address what we've been begging for for a very long time. Not a "my peepee is bigger than your peepee" discussion about Ps3 this or 360 that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 AM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

**************IGN Sports: What can we expect to see with the ESPN integration this year?

Steve Chiang: With ESPN, we really want to make our games connected. In the booth, we're going to show what we're doing with NBA Live and NCAA Football. There are a couple of different categories of features. In NCAA we have ESPN Classics mode, where you're taking your greatest games and you're making them Classics. We're going to be able to show that in the booth. On the NBA side, we're focusing more on the real-time data feeds and how they're going to be integrated in the new titles. MVP is a good example of how we're taking this, and certainly with the Xbox 360 and PS3, there is going to be a different paradigm for online gaming and how that works within our sports games. We're not going to be talking a lot about that, but there is a hint of that throughout what we're doing with NBA Live. ************************

Wow, talk about a total waste. Notice how he pretty much avoided the whole purpose of the question, and goes into online gaming. And so I guess the 'greatest games' list will now be called "ESPN Classics".....get outta here with this crap. Notice how he just totally avoided any talk of Madden & ESPN implementation.

I'm willing to bet money that NCAA uses the EXACT same commentary as it does every year & with no other audio changes.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #43
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
**************IGN Sports: What can we expect to see with the ESPN integration this year?

Steve Chiang: With ESPN, we really want to make our games connected. In the booth, we're going to show what we're doing with NBA Live and NCAA Football. There are a couple of different categories of features. In NCAA we have ESPN Classics mode, where you're taking your greatest games and you're making them Classics. We're going to be able to show that in the booth. On the NBA side, we're focusing more on the real-time data feeds and how they're going to be integrated in the new titles. MVP is a good example of how we're taking this, and certainly with the Xbox 360 and PS3, there is going to be a different paradigm for online gaming and how that works within our sports games. We're not going to be talking a lot about that, but there is a hint of that throughout what we're doing with NBA Live. ************************

Wow, talk about a total waste. Notice how he pretty much avoided the whole purpose of the question, and goes into online gaming. And so I guess the 'greatest games' list will now be called "ESPN Classics".....get outta here with this crap. Notice how he just totally avoided any talk of Madden & ESPN implementation.

I'm willing to bet money that NCAA uses the EXACT same commentary as it does every year & with no other audio changes.
Underwhelming. That's the one word that comes to mind when I think of EA and they're ESPN exclusive license. To go deeper with that thought, not since the old EASN days back on the SNES and Genesis, and the FMV of James Brown, Madden and Summerall has EA done anything to progress the presentation side of their sports games.

My initial reaction when EA got the ESPN license was "cool, at least now they have a fool-proof way to improve their presentation ten-fold". Maybe it's foolproof, but not EA-proof. Seriously, is there any good idea this company won't screw up?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

I will never understand blind brand name fanboyism. I swear some of the things I read on these forums are beyond belief.
How is that blind fanboyism when he is only basing his opinion on what an official EA Representative has stated in an interview. Until EA makes a specific statement indicating that the Xbox 360 will be the same as the PS3, or tell us specifically what the differences are; it is only logical to assume that there will be a difference. To what degree, nobody on this forum knows (yet).
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 AM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
How is that blind fanboyism when he is only basing his opinion on what an official EA Representative has stated in an interview. Until EA makes a specific statement indicating that the Xbox 360 will be the same as the PS3, or tell us specifically what the differences are; it is only logical to assume that there will be a difference. To what degree, nobody on this forum knows (yet).
Based purely on EA's track record, not to mention different doesn't mean better, not to mention the quote where the poster says he knew the PS3 would be better to program for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 03:17 AM   #46
Rookie

Darth Dorn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im just saying.....

EA is doing something ONLY for PS3...and not for XBOX 360....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706102p1.html

Why didn't they do the same from MS?....If a certain idea is being incorparated into 1 system that will change the game for the better but leave the other system behind which would you choose?

Thats all im saying.
I'm not trying to be a prick on this because I honestly don't know the answer, but was EA at Microsoft's press conference? EA will not implement something on just the PS3, especially given the prices of the consoles. Last gen there were a lot of people that had both the PS2 and the Xbox. You probably won't be seeing that this time around.

Oh, and congrats to you potential PS3 owners, instead of playing on a more "level" surface, you'll be playing on grass that looks like weeds. Harness that power!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:18 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Exactly. Note that he didn't say they're separate games - because they're not.
What's he's saying is that this will not be a "straight" port, that's all.
It uses the same engine, the same core build, but they have a dedicated team tasked with building specific functionality for each system.
Moreover, this year especially - it makes sense.

The PlayStation 3 doesn't launch until mid-November. The Xbox 360 version will hit shelves in August. Of course they have different teams - they're not going to just finish Madden for the PS3 in August (when they may not have final dev units yet) and sit on it until November. They should be tweaking it.

Let's not make this more than it is.

Exactly. Fanboys = unwise consumers.

By George, he's got it!

Go ask EA's top folks - like I have - and ask them if EA's "in bed with Sony".
You'll get an odd stare, a shake of the head, and then a derisive and decisive "no".
In another thread, you indicated that Jeremy told you to your face that there will only be cosmetic changes? Now are you saying that the changes may be more than cosmetic since they have until November?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 AM   #48
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Madden will be mediocre at best, regardless of the system....

PS3 isn't any more powerful than 360...let the drama end...

If you like Sony even with its failure's then go blow off $600 for a game that won't be any more different, maybe they will finally include the presentation stick in the PS3 version...or might add a referee or two on the field...

Oh wait, they might let you get better seats closer to the field, or allow you to buy and set prices on hot dogs....PS3 exclusive...

Or maybe they will finally have a half-time show, with John Madden commercials of Tough Actin Tanactin....lol

don't kid yourself, like everyone else says, "EA's track record of a difference is like bottled water and spring water". Regardless of the taste, its still looks as clear as the next one....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »