Home

Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

This is a discussion on Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

yep. alot of questions still unanswered.

what about the arch on the throw? side arm passing?? or is the controller strictly for speed, ala button mashing that we're used to (tap for a lob, smash down for a bullet)

will we have to refine our throwing style/technique for every qb in the game?

i somewhat hope that its just a speed thing and has nothing to do with real technique, although they seem to have it programmed to force you to make a throwing motion for the speed, rather than just any quick motion with our hands
Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I may play this a time or two at Walmart or wherever and say "Cool" but I can't see playing Madden all the time like this. Call me old fashioned but when I play videogames I like to just sit in a chair and chill, not exercise (God forbid I get any exercise, LOL).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #11
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Dorn
The only thing that worries me is trying to simulate a bullet pass and accidentally letting go of the controller. It's not that hard to do.
At last, a new excuse for the controller throwers among us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

How does this work for multiplayer games? You have your buddy sitting next to you; you're throwing the controller; he's doing crazy hit stick motions, etc.

The whole thing seems pretty stupid. I play games partly to relax. I don't want to be moving around in my living room like a jack-a$$ to play a game. If I wanted to actually go through the motions of throwing a football, I'd just go outside and throw a football.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I may play this a time or two at Walmart or wherever and say "Cool" but I can't see playing Madden all the time like this. Call me old fashioned but when I play videogames I like to just sit in a chair and chill, not exercise (God forbid I get any exercise, LOL).
I agree. That's been my issue with Wii's concept. I'm sure it'd be fun for a quick 20 minutes, but I don't know if I could do a longer (1+ hour) gaming session with that much movement.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't know, personally I'm very curious to try this and other Wii games. It seems like a really cool concept, and if done right, could really add another dimension to the way we play games. I don't think doing longer sessions would be that big a deal. Maybe with a Madden, but we'll see.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the graphics in the Wii version looking only slightly better than the current gen games? Should be interesting to see what they price the system at, if the difference in performance is that visible.

But I have to give EA credit here, for once. To have a full team solely dedicated to making their sports games take full advantage of the Wii controller is to be applauded. At least they're trying. We'll see if the execution leaves any to be desired.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707303p1.html

its all about being immersed and for the first time im actually excited about madden..and its on nintendo not the ps3 or the 360...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Im surprised that so manny of you are excited about this. Does it not bother anyone that the Wii next gen version of madden still looks just like PS@ and Gamecube?

And all that other stuff looks ******** pushing and tilting the controller, etc, but ill withold complete judgement till i see it but right now im not feeling it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »