Home

Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

This is a discussion on Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im surprised that so manny of you are excited about this. Does it not bother anyone that the Wii next gen version of madden still looks just like PS@ and Gamecube?

And all that other stuff looks ******** pushing and tilting the controller, etc, but ill withold complete judgement till i see it but right now im not feeling it
It seems to me that having to flick the controller around to do some things, while at the same time trying to do other things via conventional button mashing is going to be awkward, at best. No thanks, EA.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Initially, I don't like it.

I don't want to re-enact playing football to a lesser extent when I play it in video game form. Innovation is fine, but regarding controls in sports games, I'd prefer the whitebread/standard layouts to moving my arms and body like I am trying to be a real football player. If I want to make throwing motions in order to throw a football, I will go play some real football. Video games only mimic reality to an extent to me, and innovative controls are something I think should be used for fun games, not sports.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

There is a short video of actual gameplay from the E3 floor over at http://www.gametrailers.com/ .

Visually, it is identical to the current-gen Madden. I'm not really clear on how you choose a receiver, but it appears that you point and highlight the guy you want to throw to, and then do your throwing motion.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #20
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

You know what, I dogged this feature earlier but now I'm taking a wait and see approach after seeing those diagrams. Who knows, it may turn out to be fun and Nintendo is usually the king of fun, addicting games. I'm 100% certain that this will be implemented properly. I really could'nt see myself playing an entire season like this but it may be cool for H2H play.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I may play this a time or two at Walmart or wherever and say "Cool" but I can't see playing Madden all the time like this. Call me old fashioned but when I play videogames I like to just sit in a chair and chill, not exercise (God forbid I get any exercise, LOL).

Thats what Im talking about. I mean doing all this stuff for 3-4 straight hours seems very un fun.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #22
Rookie

Innocent's Arena

OVR: 4

I've thought Nintendo's controller design was bad from the start, and this certainly hasnt'd one anything to make me reconsider.
Cleveland Browns
Current Record: 4-3

#17 Minnesota Golden Gophers
Current Record: 5-2
Old 05-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #23
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I think this looks really innovative:

http://www.g-freaks.de/?sn_show_news=1797&cat=5

I am really looking forward to playing Madden using this new control scheme.
How do you move?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #24
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It seems to me that having to flick the controller around to do some things, while at the same time trying to do other things via conventional button mashing is going to be awkward, at best. No thanks, EA.

Seriously.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »