Home

Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

This is a discussion on Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

I think this looks really innovative:

http://www.g-freaks.de/?sn_show_news=1797&cat=5

I am really looking forward to playing Madden using this new control scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

So you tap your receiver at the same time you throw?

That seems a lil funky.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the controls look great. Wow....I've been really impressed by the stuff Nintendo is putting out......

PSN: raginrapids
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
So you tap your receiver at the same time you throw?

That seems a lil funky.
Ya - I think that these controls will definitely push us out of our comfort zone. When you think about it, the controls have been pretty much the same (with the exception of adding some new buttons and triggers) since the Maddens on the Sega Genesis in the early-90s.

I can't wait to throw passes actually using a throwing motion though. I hope that this is implemented well. I could see this really making a big impact on my enjoyment of playing the game. If it is done well (meaning that you can throw to receivers reasonably, and throw the type of pass you want), it will be amazing. If it is non-responsive or overly-sensitive, I could see this being a proverbial "game killer."

But - after watching the Nintendo press conference yesterday - I can't help but be optimistic about the new system. These screens make the new control system seem very promising.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Ya - I think that these controls will definitely push us out of our comfort zone. When you think about it, the controls have been pretty much the same (with the exception of adding some new buttons and triggers) since the Maddens on the Sega Genesis in the early-90s.

I can't wait to throw passes actually using a throwing motion though. I hope that this is implemented well. I could see this really making a big impact on my enjoyment of playing the game. If it is done well (meaning that you can throw to receivers reasonably, and throw the type of pass you want), it will be amazing. If it is non-responsive or overly-sensitive, I could see this being a proverbial "game killer."

But - after watching the Nintendo press conference yesterday - I can't help but be optimistic about the new system. These screens make the new control system seem very promising.
LOL, I can remember when they first put the L and R triggers on the SNES. So you can put buttons on top of controllers....get outta here!

Then it was the analog stick with the 64. You're tellin me you can move people with a stick? What are you guys smoking lol...those wacky Nintendo kids lol.

The Wii may have the same impact those features had.

EDIT: I think it would been cooler if you did kind of a semi circle with your wrist for the spin move. The cleaner your motion is, the better the spin. On defense, it should work somewhat like a FPS, where you actually have to AIM where you want to tackle. If it's a bigger guy you want to aim for his legs, quick backs would be more effective.

Last edited by Rocky; 05-10-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

i just wonder about the sensitivity (not everyone will have the arm speed or strength to possibly play on some levels. stuff like that).. also they might be losing a demographic over this. what if you have a broken arm and are playing a video game to get away from the reality of football.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Darth Dorn's Arena

OVR: 2

The only thing that worries me is trying to simulate a bullet pass and accidentally letting go of the controller. It's not that hard to do.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question Re: Nice Diagrams of How the Wii Controller Will Work in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
i just wonder about the sensitivity (not everyone will have the arm speed or strength to possibly play on some levels. stuff like that).. also they might be losing a demographic over this. what if you have a broken arm and are playing a video game to get away from the reality of football.

To go along with that. Im Left Handed. My throwing motion with my right hand looks like that of a 4 year old girl. Hopefully this wont be an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »