Home

gang tackling

This is a discussion on gang tackling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: gang tackling

Hey at least suction blocking is gone I'm not trying to excuse it though but they'll add gang tackling. It will be one of the yearly themes watch. It'll probably be what they will add next year. Throw a defender on the cover. Most likely what they will do. Last year they worked on passing. This year running. Next year tackling. I can almost guarantee it.

And they're doing it because they love to make games. But they are doing it for something else. Rewind nine quat

Foe tha' love of money
Gotta make that money man
It's still the same now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #26
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Hey at least suction blocking is gone
That's good to here.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #27
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Last year they worked on passing. This year running. Next year tackling. I can almost guarantee it.
The way you say it, it makes too much sense..therefore, it ain't happening lol

In all seriousness, if the Run to Daylight/better OL/DL play holds true for this year's game, that will be two year's in a row that they introduce a new, unconventional gameplay mechanic that would satisfy us "hardcore" sim guys.

Kinda squishes the "EA doesn't care" argument...just wish they would do it faster, not in yearly increments.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #28
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Hey at least suction blocking is gone I'm not trying to excuse it though but they'll add gang tackling. It will be one of the yearly themes watch. It'll probably be what they will add next year. Throw a defender on the cover. Most likely what they will do. Last year they worked on passing. This year running. Next year tackling. I can almost guarantee it.

And they're doing it because they love to make games. But they are doing it for something else. Rewind nine quat

Foe tha' love of money
Gotta make that money man
It's still the same now
What you know about dem Bone Thugs? lol.

Anyways, the sad part is when they DO finally add an adequate tackling system, they will expect so much praise for something that was done last gen.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

They would rather add bench pressing and forty yard dashes. It's absolutely ridiculous. What a waste of time. I don't even care if they had a franchise mode. They should have made gang tackling and physics priority number one. This stupid exclusivity deal is the worst thing ever to happen to gaming. I can only imagine how much further along football gaming would be if e.a. didnt puss out and eliminate the competition.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #30
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It just adds so much more immersion to the game when you have to account for team play (which is what football is all about), instead of a bunch of one on one interactions. And it's not just the tackling. It extends to the OL/DL interaction (double-team blocking), WR/DB interaction in bump and run, and RB play (there should be some sort of reaction to RBs interacting with their OL - either stumbling, running into their back, etc.).

The one-on-one interaction just makes everything seem so generic, which then places an over-emphasis on speed. And these are just things I'm thinking of since seeing years ago. I figured we'd be SO much further along than we are now with videogame football.
Agreed. The thing is why say "if its in the game its in the game" & not do it! The game is beautiful & I hate to have it ruined because its still one on one football ala Great Football or something. This has been my main issue with Madden for yrs still not being addressed. In 2k5 players really seem to think for themselves. Double teams are great, interactions are still 2nd to none along with collision detections. Madden still behind in terms of play on the field. They did improve but still not there yet. What a shame for a beautiful game.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 2

I am literally stunned that tackles involving multiple defenders are NOT in a next generation system. When it comes to big backs..sometimes you need one guy to hit him low and then another one or two to clean him up or strip the ball. Its a big thing of what defenses need to do to be effective. For EA to not have this in their is absurd ..as is a single radio announcer. Some of the fixes Im hearing in terms of control and running are obviously welcomed..but call me greedy. EA should be doing so much more with Madden it's rediculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #32
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Regarding suction blocking, how do we know for sure "it's gone"? from a few quick videos?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »