Home

Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!!

This is a discussion on Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2006, 09:54 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Did you see the review for Madden on Nintendo? WOW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_ecktid
Hence the reason why Madden games have yet to innovate anything since 2001.
I dont get your point, whats that have to do with providing both a great gameplay experience and a great visual experience in a videogame? Which both are really required with today's videogames.

Im not talking 5 years ago when last gen systems launched..im talking about today..the present time.

Who wants to play a next gen console with graphics about the same as an xbox1 console for another 5 years?..that would be like all of us being stuck with a xbox1 or ps2 for 10 straight years with only a unique controller add on brought into its life span half way thru its 10 year lifespan.... Heck, nintendo should of just released the friggen wii controller for the gamecube and saved some major cash lol...now thats innovation, huh

Honestly, the wii controller is only gonna be great for certain games, like nintendo games. Sure nintendo comes out with some neat controllers, they always have but the industry isnt gonna change its path way because of some novelty nunchuck,wave your hands all around type controller nintendo decided to go with for its next console..no sir.

Im getting a wii, not for my sports games, not for my eye candy hd gaming experience, but for its cool 1st party nintendo games that i've always loved and enjoyed, other then that im sure my wii will collect more dust then my 360 or ps3.

By the way, i sure thought Nintendo did supurb job with Virtual Boy and the cute MicroGameBoy

Last edited by Moegames; 05-14-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

My point is how EA upped the graphics for the Xbox 360 version to show off the "next-gen graphics," and because of all the time they spent on the graphics, they chopped off half the features, basically regressing the gameplay to like two or three maddens ago.

Do you honestly think they're spending as much time on the gameplay as they are working on the graphics for the new Madden 2007?

As for the knock on graphics for the Wii, it's totally understandable, I'm disappointed also. But I suppose with it only being $200-$250 I'll be happy with gameplay over graphics.

I also agree that the first party games will be great especially compared to third party games since many third party games are made for all three systems and they'd probably just throw in random Wii-mote movements to make it different.

I plan on using the money I save from buying the Wii to go towards an Xbox360 since I don't plan on getting a $600 PS3 when the graphics between the Xbox360 and PS3 will be negligible at best. Especially considering the fact that the Xbox360 has already been out almost a year already giving developers time to delve deeper into the processing power of it.

I'm still astonished that it's going to cost someone (definitely not me) ~$700 to play MGS4/Madden 07/GT5. ($600 PS3, $50 tax, $50 game)

Last edited by mr_ecktid; 05-15-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:07 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think by very definition this whole twist to Madden on the Wii is a gimmick. Now before anyone trashes me for saying that think about it, a gimmick is something you really are eager to try but in the long run don't want to continue doing. I am considering getting a Wii but it won't be for this sort of thing, it will be for the classic Nintendo games and a few of the newer ones like Zelda.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 AM   #36
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
I think Nintendo is out to kill the fat kid, too much movement for a video game, the only time i want to move the controller around is when i am tossing it at the wall when my 360 freezes up.
Man, this had me rolling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »