Home

Madden 2007 Announcers?

This is a discussion on Madden 2007 Announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 2007 Announcers?

Does anyone know you will be the play by play announcers for madden 2007? i assume since espn are doing monday night football now it will be thiesman, mike terico, and tony kornheiser, but i'm not sure, can anyone confirm this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 2007 Announcers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff35
Does anyone know you will be the play by play announcers for madden 2007? i assume since espn are doing monday night football now it will be thiesman, mike terico, and tony kornheiser, but i'm not sure, can anyone confirm this?
There will not be any announcers this year for the 360. I'm not sure about the other consoles.
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/811/811804.html
Old 05-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff35
Don't assume with ea because as they all say when you assume with ea it will make an "a*s" out of "u". ea just leaves the "me" out. Before I get flamed i have my preorder for madden 360.....it's not like I have a choice....
Old 05-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
There will not be any announcers this year for the 360. I'm not sure about the other consoles.
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/811/811804.html
To me this illustrates how out of touch EA is with the gaming community. This is one of two things. They are either too lazy to work with 2 announcers and have it interact with game play OR they are completely unaware that the gaming community actually preferred 2 announcers in the booth. Was anyone clammoring to get rid of announcers and replace them with one faint voiced radio announcer?..this isnt an upgrade people were asking for.

on the wish list..did ANYONE say they wanted to control a blocker and not the ball carrier? This too is not an upgrade anyone asked for. What do they think they are doing? I'm shaking my controller and Xbox live head set in anger!!!..naw..jus kiddin.

Last edited by MVICK; 05-11-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Rookie

No announcers in the booth? This is totally BS!!! Well i hope they improve the gameplay or this will be going back to the store like the first game.

Last edited by jeff35; 05-11-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

There will be an announcer, but just one- your "home town radio announcer", just like last year in Madden 06 360.

My guess is next year will be the year they thoroughly implement ESPN and the new Monday Night crew - although, it would be great if they would have 2 or 3 crews that called games based on when it is played during the week: ie. a regular "crew" of unknowns calling regualr Sunday afternoon games, then a "Sunday Night game crew" and then a "Monday Night game crew", just so there is some sort of diversity.

But alas, that is likely slated for Madden 2027 on the PS9 that will cost $2,500 to buy and the games cost $249...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
There will be an announcer, but just one- your "home town radio announcer", just like last year in Madden 06 360.

My guess is next year will be the year they thoroughly implement ESPN and the new Monday Night crew - although, it would be great if they would have 2 or 3 crews that called games based on when it is played during the week: ie. a regular "crew" of unknowns calling regualr Sunday afternoon games, then a "Sunday Night game crew" and then a "Monday Night game crew", just so there is some sort of diversity.

But alas, that is likely slated for Madden 2027 on the PS9 that will cost $2,500 to buy and the games cost $249...

Yeah that so called "home town radio announcer" puts me to sleep, and makes the game boring, no excitement, this sucks big time!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

so they added the new FB Block, etc but does anyone know if gameplay has been fixed? i mean what did they work on all year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »