Home

Old 05-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IS IT ME OR

I haven't bought Madden since '04, and I don't really see a reason to get this year's version. It's virtually the same game since '01-'02, nothing really groundbreaking or innovative.

Maybe the next gen versions of Madden will change in the upcoming years, but then again this is EA that we're talking about.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

It hasn't lost its staus to me.

Thing is that their are more games to choose from and the quality of those games are also good. I buy Madden each year but I also buy other games.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #19
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Madden was the #2 selling video game LAST MONTH. I mean it's been in the top 3 every month since it's release. And this is just on the PS2. They have no need to innovate. Seriously their sales are through the roof, why waste money? It's a slam dunk every year.
i dont think it will lose any sales. i guess what i meant was that it is no longer the hot buy like it was. it reminds me of the tv shows that have been on so long that millions are watching but it is no longer must see tv anymore. it is something you can hit and miss but you still like it.

madden has always been the thing people just buy. some are avid, must have buyers. others buy it just because thats what they always do and then there are new customers growing up everyday who buy it. then there are us who have bought 12 version or so, who want something new, something innovative, who may or may not buy it.

one area where madden doesnt have the same pull, even though madden is the 3rd most purchased game still, is the price point they are selling it at now is nowhere near what they used to sell it at 2 and 3 years ago at the same time. the game used to stay at 49.99 a lot longer than it did this year and last year. part of that may be the next gen, but other reasons may factor in. time will tell.

Last edited by Radja; 05-12-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
"b/c of the ignorant masses enable EA"

Just curious...why are the masses ignorant? They enjoy the game all over...maybe the masses are not into the supreme sim aspect as some are. I wish they were but it's not the case .It does not make them ignorant...they are having fun. Yes, exclusive licensing has hurt some gamers all around...same with baseball...hell i have to get a PS3 because i cannot stand 2k6 but im not going to call the people who love 2k6 ignorant.
B/c EA could simply do a roster update and it would sell 5mm copies. No other company could get away with that. The masses actually want to play a game that plays and feels exactly the same as when they played it 5 years ago. The masses want to keep it simple and change is bad.

How could anyone w/ a brain not want major improvements, good blocking, gang tackles, good bump and run, no push tackles, etc. Look at the videos of true motion at Lucas Arts to see what realistic movement could look like.

Heck 2k5 still has much better animations than madden.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman321
B/c EA could simply do a roster update and it would sell 5mm copies. No other company could get away with that. The masses actually want to play a game that plays and feels exactly the same as when they played it 5 years ago. The masses want to keep it simple and change is bad.

How could anyone w/ a brain not want major improvements, good blocking, gang tackles, good bump and run, no push tackles, etc. Look at the videos of true motion at Lucas Arts to see what realistic movement could look like.

Heck 2k5 still has much better animations than madden.
I think you are lumping 2 things into one here. Because they enjoy the game as it is, you assume they would not like to see change and ou jump to the conclusion that they are ignorant, have no brain, etc. There are plenty of intelligent people that enjoy the game for what it is. I enjoy it and I know plenty of others who do. That does not mean I would not like to see gang tackling, real physics, etc. I just enjoy playing football games and these things that aren't in them will not prevent me from enjoying the things that are. Simple as that. Guess I have no brain...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #22
Wasteland 3-Now Playing

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People are on automatic pilot when it comes to Madden, but then thats true about almost every other aspect of life as well

Its a lot like the Eddie Murphy movie The Distinguished Gentleman, where Eddie wins a seat in Congress, just because of his good fortune of sharing the same last name as the deceased former Representative.

"Vote Johnson, the name you know"

EA could just make a comercial using the 2006 version of Madden, show T.O. catching a bomb, throw in a couple of sweet runs by Reggie Bush and Vince Young, to show that its "the new version" and call it a day.

"Buy MADDEN 2007, the game you know" Bam, 5 million units sold.

That's why its going to be interesting to see how they market the NFL Headcoaching game. I bet the comercial will say "From EA Sports, The makers of MADDEN FOOTBALL..."

I haven't given up hope that the series(Madden) will go to another level of simulation gameplay, but I have shed my expectations that it will. Now I can no longer be bitterly disappointed, just pleasantly surprised.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »