Home

Old 05-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NO Ref's

There is no reason whatsoever why fully functional moving refs cant be in this game. Its been in football games for over 3 years on OLD gen systems.

If its in the game its in the game right ? That is EA's slogan.

If this is too difficult for them then maybe they need to concentrate less on rookies doing 40 yard dashes and bench presses and get the on field gameplay straightened out first. They shouldnt waste 1 second on benchpresses until the on field gameplay is DONE.
Minnesota Wild
Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #10
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Who care if Ref are on the field? In 2k basketball I don't recall seeing ref on the court that don't take away from me liking the game
Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Who care if Ref are on the field? In 2k basketball I don't recall seeing ref on the court that don't take away from me liking the game
Yeah i'd like it but it's not real noticeable to me. Unlike Fight Night which looked so great but seemed so weird that no ref was in there. I do wish they'd add the option though of having them in there.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Who care if Ref are on the field?
Me! I want the game to look as close to a television broadcast as possible.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
They shouldnt waste 1 second on benchpresses until the on field gameplay is DONE.
I agree but:

1) Refs have nothing ot do with gameplay. They add to the visual authenticity, but the y are not part of gameplay.

2) Define DONE. See, I definitely think last year's game was rushed out and there was more they wanted to do gameplay wise. Hence it was not done. However, the gameplay is DONE once they decide that they got all they wanted to get in for this year. I don't know what you meant exactly but there are those who seem to think that no features should be added if gameplay is not PERFECT. They seem to think that there is a clear consensus on what the gameplay should be, but there really isn't.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I agree but:

1) Refs have nothing ot do with gameplay. They add to the visual authenticity, but the y are not part of gameplay.

2) Define DONE. See, I definitely think last year's game was rushed out and there was more they wanted to do gameplay wise. Hence it was not done. However, the gameplay is DONE once they decide that they got all they wanted to get in for this year. I don't know what you meant exactly but there are those who seem to think that no features should be added if gameplay is not PERFECT. They seem to think that there is a clear consensus on what the gameplay should be, but there really isn't.
The gameplay will never be done and it will never be perfect as those are subjective terms entirely. To suggest so is somewhat ridiculious.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I agree but:

Refs do to have something to do with gameplay, as the field shrinks in real life because there are more men on the field. Why have side markers then (which they dont), heck, whats the point of field lines, as they have nothing to do with the gameplay as well. You can say this just about anything in the game. I agree I would rather see them develop more of the other gameplay, but we all know they arent going to. All we can hope is the can somehow manage to slop together a somewhat playable game of football. The point is, EA is lazy and even though they have refs in last gen, for some reason they cant add them in after being in development for several years now on a system thats supposed to dwarf its predeccesor in power.

EA: If its in the game, its in the game. Bulls***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I like having refs on field. They are part of the playing surface. In Fifa they work just fine. In NFL2k5 they worked fine. They do add to both realism and authenticity. I saw Tony Parker try to pass to one the other day out of the corner of his eye. That was funny watching the ref jump out of the way and let the ball go out of bounds. And as ODogg said in real life they dont get out of the way sometimes. If he's in between you and your intended receiver then you, the QB, have to adjust. Is it the most important issue? Not hardly. But they are "in the game!"

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »