Home

PackWolf's Madden Impressions from E3

This is a discussion on PackWolf's Madden Impressions from E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #17
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PackWolf's Madden Impressions from E3

One more thing that i havn't heard of yet, is whether we'll have the ability to set the time of day and change the weather in online games

Didn't play madden 04-06 current gen online so i don't if that was ib the older ones but, 2k5 had it

I'm just a bit tired of playing sun shining games lol
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
My biggest concern is the tackling system and the presentation.

Madden's tackling system is archaic. We need some more dynamic player interaction in there. This will add soooo much to the gameplay.

And last year's presentation was the worst EVER for a Madden game. It actually blew my mind. What is the point in having these highly detailed stadiums and coaches if you are only going to show them in a small PiP in the upper-right hand corner?

I think EA really needs to go away from this "on the field" thing they are going for and concentrate on a TV style presentation. They have the ESPN license now, they need to exploit that!!
^^Real Talk. I feel exactly the same way. Please use that license. Next gen football games with all the power behind the systems could be incredible with these additions. F that on the field BS. 1 of the worst ideas they ever had IMO.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
My biggest concern is the tackling system and the presentation.

Madden's tackling system is archaic. We need some more dynamic player interaction in there. This will add soooo much to the gameplay.

And last year's presentation was the worst EVER for a Madden game. It actually blew my mind. What is the point in having these highly detailed stadiums and coaches if you are only going to show them in a small PiP in the upper-right hand corner?

I think EA really needs to go away from this "on the field" thing they are going for and concentrate on a TV style presentation. They have the ESPN license now, they need to exploit that!!
Tanis. You are on point with this. For example, in Madden you either break the tackle..are get tackled. There is virtually no in between. In NFL 2k5..you could break the tackle, get tackled or you could get hit and then drive and drag the tackler about 3 extra yards..or you could get hit, drag tackler and then get blown backwards by another defender helping out on the tackle. VCs tackling system was dynamic...sure. VCs running animation sucked but the tackling was the best and still is the best seen in video game football. Cant say the same for Madden...even next gen Madden...is EA lazy or inept? inferior programmers?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVICK
is EA lazy or inept? inferior programmers?
All of the above.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Kind of funny that they say it will be the deepest Madden ever right after they go on about saying they cant get everything into the game because it takes so long to build a totally new engine . Which is it ? Seems like they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. If only on the second build of this engine they can make it the deepest Madden ever than all that new game engine excuse making is BS.
:y4: I was about to post the exact thing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #22
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
As long as we are able to do it in groups I guess that will be ok. I'm not a big fan or their individual playmaker interface. Very sloppy and not user friendly IMO.
I second that. Having to switch between individual players and pressing buttons for each one before the snap was too hard to pull off quickly enough. The 2K version, while a little more limited is the way to go, but it could be enhanced.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
I second that. Having to switch between individual players and pressing buttons for each one before the snap was too hard to pull off quickly enough. The 2K version, while a little more limited is the way to go, but it could be enhanced.
I guess our collective comments are a very verbose way to say EA SUCKS..ok..now take my 60 bucks..
Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVICK
I guess our collective comments are a very verbose way to say EA SUCKS..ok..now take my 60 bucks..
LOL...that's the sad part, is that no matter how much we all b*tch, we're ALL gonna be there on day one for Madden's release and end up buying it.

I'm gonna do my best (no promises) to wait it out. Wait it out until I find it used and play NCAA until that time. We'll see. I don't have faith in my willpower when it comes to EA football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »