Home

Producer Phil Frazier Current Gen Interview

This is a discussion on Producer Phil Frazier Current Gen Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Producer Phil Frazier Current Gen Interview

its offical ESPN Will be in madden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mel Kiper Jr, Sterlin Sharp are mentioned in madden both work for ESPN!

In addition, we also have a brand-new scouting system with the draft. The draft is all-new, so you can better scout players, and we've got Mel Kiper in there giving you some comments on different players in the draft. We think we've added some cool new things to Franchise Mode.

Q: Do you have any integration with the NFL Network?

Frazier: We took out the Football 101 mode from a couple years ago and replaced it with the NFL Network's Playbook Mode. What this is, is a chance for you to go in and look at several plays within each team's playbook, and we have them broken down by Sterling Sharpe. He goes in there and tells you how they should be run and why they're important to that team's success, and we use telestration to showcase some of the key things within the play. Then you get to run that play in real-time to see what it's all about. Using Sterling Sharpe gave us great insight into these plays and why they're important.

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Looks like from reading this below that they are really focusing on getting Madden out of the game. There's no real reason I can think of to not have the old goat do this aspect of the game:

Q: Do you have any integration with the NFL Network?

Frazier: We took out the Football 101 mode from a couple years ago and replaced it with the NFL Network's Playbook Mode. What this is, is a chance for you to go in and look at several plays within each team's playbook, and we have them broken down by Sterling Sharpe. He goes in there and tells you how they should be run and why they're important to that team's success, and we use telestration to showcase some of the key things within the play. Then you get to run that play in real-time to see what it's all about. Using Sterling Sharpe gave us great insight into these plays and why they're important.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 PM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
We're using PlayStation 2 and Xbox and GameCube to their full potential
Well, at least he doesn't even pretend they maximize the PC's potential. Although you have to wonder if he failed to mention the PC in that sentence because he acknowledges they are far off maximizing the PC's potential, or if he just forgot they even have a PC version.

I swear, Madden PC to EA is the same as Meg to the Family Guy. I've never seen a company if my life so enthused on not selling one of their own products.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Well, if they're gonna use the Xbox to its full potential, I need to get a refund on my PS2 from Wal-Mart and buy my brother's barely played Xbox.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, at least he doesn't even pretend they maximize the PC's potential. Although you have to wonder if he failed to mention the PC in that sentence because he acknowledges they are far off maximizing the PC's potential, or if he just forgot they even have a PC version.

I swear, Madden PC to EA is the same as Meg to the Family Guy. I've never seen a company if my life so enthused on not selling one of their own products.
If they used the PC to it's full potential the only people who could play it would be those who just brought a $5,000 voodoo/alienware/falcon PC though. You can't do that on a PC, you can (and should) on a console.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

ODogg, it's called an "option menu". You know, where you tune settings depending on your PC's hardware.

They already have this in Madden PC, it's just the highest options are about 3-5 years behind every other PC game. In it's day, Madden PC, on its highest settings, was one of the best looking PC games out. Now they've seemingly lost any interest.

BTW, those pre-packaged PC's are **** You can build a top end PC yourself for a fraction of their cost.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Sound like the Superstar Mode will be taking the shape of 2k's 1st person mode from a couple years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 11:39 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
ODogg, it's called an "option menu". You know, where you tune settings depending on your PC's hardware.

They already have this in Madden PC, it's just the highest options are about 3-5 years behind every other PC game. In it's day, Madden PC, on its highest settings, was one of the best looking PC games out. Now they've seemingly lost any interest.

BTW, those pre-packaged PC's are **** You can build a top end PC yourself for a fraction of their cost.
Yeah they could do a better job with PC I agree and use some sliders, settings, etc but the PC market is too small to be worth the time to do it as it wouldn't be worth the money to do so. The consoles are where the money is at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »