Home

Have either of these glitches/elements been fixed?

This is a discussion on Have either of these glitches/elements been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Have either of these glitches/elements been fixed?

Has anyone heard if either of these two elements have been fixed?

1. Pancakes/Oline progression - I don't really care about pancakes stats, so if there are way to many, I could care less. The real problem though is that this stat seems to drive Oline progression. So because of the ridiculous number of pancakes, my entire Oline makes the probowl and all of them develop rapidly. Within one season I have an unbelievable Oline all rated in the high 90's... this makes offense very easy. I've been waiting for this to be fixed for several years now. Either cut the pancakes number down or base the Oline progression on something else.

2. Franchise Salary Cap - this is my biggest beef because it makes franchise way to easy. Every team seems to start the first season like 10 to 20 million dollars under the cap. Realistically, almost every team is right up to the cap with their opening rosters. When you start that far behind, it makes it soooooooooo easy to resign all your players, your draft picks, and future free agents in seasons to come. You never have to make hard decisions... ever... you never come to a point where you have to decide "should I resign my starting qb or keep my starting HB"... there's always more than enough cap room to resign everyone. To me, this just kills franchise mode.

I realize that many people aren't hardcore fanatics, but how hard would it be to make a franchise difficulty option, that when switched to hard difficulty, it made your team right at the cap at the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Have either of these glitches/elements been fixed?

Not that I have any answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
1. Pancakes/Oline progression
There are way too many of these. DLineman don't get pancaked that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
2. Franchise Salary Cap
I always wondered about this. Do they not have all the players on the teams? Do they have the wrong salaries?

And I wish they wouldn't up a players salary because you edit him. Or have they fixed that? I haven't owned Madden in a few years.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Three aesthetic glitches I had were:

1) When using the coach cam, the cam would not revert back to close up.

2) When moving a defensive player pre-snap, he would not go back into stance... he would just stand tall - looked out of place (ex. when moving a safety up to the line)

3) Don't know about the other teams, but the 49ers were standing on the wrong sidelines... it just bugged the heck out fo me.

Have these been fixed.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I hope at some point these get answered. Unlike many glitches that cause annoyance or poor asthetics, these glitches make the game unreasonably easy in order to run a franchise. No matter who your OLine is, they all develop into studs and the entire probowl line is yours... and franchise mode is way too easy because of all the cap room.

This becomes extremely frustrating. Usually, the game plays pretty well on all-pro with default sliders, I win with the Steelers, but I do lose some games and most games are close. But because of these two factors I mentioned above, I can build a powerhouse every season after the first and win the super bowl every year. I blow teams out of the water with the teams I can put on the field.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:54 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Would be nice if they figured out a way to make your offensive line progress based on sacks given up and rushing yards accumulated or something similar. It wouldnt be perfect and there will always be ways to cheat the system so to speak but as it stands it seems that progression has nothing to do with actual production by the offense, just the pancake stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I couldn't play a pre-season game against the Redskins because they were $80,000 under the cap and had $58 million in cap penalties. They had 43 players available and they didn't sign anyone, so I had to quit the franchise in year 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »