Home

Is Madden '07 franchise also going to start at the end of the regular season?

This is a discussion on Is Madden '07 franchise also going to start at the end of the regular season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is Madden '07 franchise also going to start at the end of the regular season?

This is an idea I love from NFL Head Coach. I can take the team I want to use, and draft the guys that I want to, and not what the team actually did. I could also pick and choose what free agents I want.

Any plans on this making it into Madden '07? I'm a fan of putting guys I want on a team more than making sure it follows the exact rosters of the NFL.

Last edited by ramenite; 05-27-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is Madden '07 franchise also going to start at the end of the regular season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
This is an idea I love from NFL Head Coach. I can take the team I want to use, and draft the guys that I want to, and not what the team actually did. I could also pick and choose what free agents I want.

Any plans on this making it into Madden '07?
I would guess that it about a 0% chance of that happening Most people who play Madden want the rosters to mirror the real NFL 100% if possible. Ask some Madden playing Saints fans if they would like the possibility of losing Bush to the Texans this time.

I would argue that most of Head Coach players would rather have the real 2006 draft and free agency as well, but aren't going to be as upset about it as the Madden players would be.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Is Madden '07 franchise also going to start at the end of the regular season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I would guess that it about a 0% chance of that happening Most people who play Madden want the rosters to mirror the real NFL 100% if possible. Ask some Madden playing Saints fans if they would like the possibility of losing Bush to the Texans this time.
I agree. This desire tends to be a niche interest, and EA likely is not going to reformat the structure of their franchise mode as a result.

I could see it possibly being an option some day, but it seems like it would change too much to just be something that can be disabled/enabled.

Most of my friends that play Madden upgrade solely to play with their team's newest rookies, etc, so I doubt EA would go this route. Instead, I'd recommend playing a previous years version and importing a real NCAA draft class.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oh, I assumed it was more an idea of maybe having the option and two different rosters included. One that was the normal one, and just an option in the franchise settings of where to start, the end of last year, or training camp this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »