Home

What does Next-Gen Madden mean to you?

This is a discussion on What does Next-Gen Madden mean to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 AM   #9
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What does Next-Gen Madden mean to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I'm not an EA fanboy by any stretch of the term but people keep forgetting that the 2K series was far from perfect.
This is very true. But I think 2K5 tried many innovative things that pushed videogame football forward in ways Madden has not done in years.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #10
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I'm not an EA fanboy by any stretch of the term but people keep forgetting that the 2K series was far from perfect.
I agree with you 100%. But even with its flaws, I enjoyed the 2K series more. There will never be a perfect game and now that we do not have a choice, I think much more is expected of EA. Since this is a business though, we will probably get the opposite.

If you really think about it though, what is next-gen? Next-gen TV and movies only equate to a better picture. It does not guarantee or promise a better story. So if next-gen is only about a better picture, then I guess Microsoft and Sony have just suckered us into paying $10 more per game.

As much as I bash Madden, I did enjoy the gameplay a bit more than usual in Madden 06. If I would stop comparing the game to others, maybe I could enjoy it more.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:11 AM   #11
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
this over used tired cliché... dose nothing to advance any discussion... it's a reach for the vaguest generality in order to excuse EA for their blatant disregard to push the envelope... exposing the pledge they gave upon shutting out the only comp (2K)... that they would not set back on their laurels.... but, put all they could into the exclusive deal....

Now after 18mos we see they have no intention to give us nothing more than rehashed options... in a different package...

PS... EA will never get a dime from me....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »