Home

Would you pay for online leagues and if so how much?

This is a discussion on Would you pay for online leagues and if so how much? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How much would you feel online leagues are worth?
I would not pay no matter how much the cost. 61 75.31%
I would pay $3 a month max. 8 9.88%
I would pay $5 a month max. 10 12.35%
I would pay $10 a month max. 2 2.47%
I would pay $15 a month max. 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Would you pay for online leagues and if so how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Wow

"EA doesn't have to go the extra mile"...
"Me-first-consumer-tinted-glasses"...

They don't have to go the extra mile, that's just the truth of it, the challenger always bears the burden of doing the leader one better to get to be #1...that's just how it works. As has been said, EA's position is to not lose market share as Madden is already a very high selling game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
You are one funny dude. I will say in your defense, this is the one situation where the business can practically spit in the face of the consumer and the consumer comes back for more, or justifies it (the excuse: "They needed to discharge the liquid in their mouths and we happened to be standing too close to them - DON'T BLAME THEM/IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT"). It's unique and interesting in that regard. I'd be willing to bet if an EA rep were quoted as flat-out calling their consumers idiots, people would still buy the game
Although you may feel that EA is "spitting in your face" or is one step from it I'll say you're very much in the minority. Even alot of the people here in this forum complaining still buy and enjoy Madden. Maybe not as much as they could if EA were to appeal to some of the aspects that they specifically want but they still play and enjoy it.

To me if the game is worth buying, it's worth buying, it's as simple as that. Either the game is worth it or it's not. To me it's worth the price still, if I ever feel it's fell off so much that it's not worth $50/$60 then I will not buy it. Just like I quit buying Triple Play when it got to be mediocre.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

I finally figured out why I hate republicans. Look at Odoggs Hometown, Republican HQ? No wonder you clowns re-elected W after all his **** ups. If you guys will rationalize and support every tactic that the Evil Empire (EA) will utilize, u most certainly will let an idiot mess up this country for a consecutive term.

Republicans = EA apologists = Despair for this Country

*Sits back and waits to be called an unpatriotic, 2k lovin commy for this post*
Old 06-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
I finally figured out why I hate republicans. Look at Odoggs Hometown, Republican HQ? No wonder you clowns re-elected W after all his **** ups. If you guys will rationalize and support every tactic that the Evil Empire (EA) will utilize, u most certainly will let an idiot mess up this country for a consecutive term.

More like, sit back and wait for a mod to delete your post and give you a warning, no political talk here, read the TOS.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 26

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said or answered. The consumer pays $50.00 annually for "LIVE" service right, now on top of that you want the consumer to pay at a min. $5.00 per month or per annum to play in EA league?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #37

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan

Man, I lean toward conservative viewpoints and I can not for the life of me agree with what Odogg is saying here. The only thing I can say is that he hasn't been crude. that makes for good debate and discussion over this whole football gaming thing.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #38

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Actually my point was quite the opposite. Things that other companies do better than EA are done because it's necessitated by trying to win market share. A market leader such as EA does not need to "go that extra mile" to convert over new customers since they already have the majority of customers. Their intent is to hang on to the customers they already have. It's a different strategy from incumbent to challenger.

My logic is built on sane business principles. So it's not all that amazing. It just doesn't jive with your me-first-consumer-tinted glasses. You should try to see the big picture as to why things are the way they are rather than just being narcissitic and seeing things only through your own eyes and how you want the world to be.
The consumer is first. The consumer buys the tickets, he purchases the merchandise. He's there in line on the release date. He is faithful to put out his hard earned money to give these companies profit. Don't you dare forget it! You are damn right I want EA, 2K and whoever else is making games to be creative, unique and by god give me something worth 59.99!

That's my money they used to buy those exclusive rights. I and everyone else own the rights to the freakin NFL, and any game based on that league.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said or answered. The consumer pays $50.00 annually for "LIVE" service right, now on top of that you want the consumer to pay at a min. $5.00 per month or per annum to play in EA league?
That's a very valid point and I could see that the fee should be zero or less on Xbox because of it.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Man, I lean toward conservative viewpoints and I can not for the life of me agree with what Odogg is saying here. The only thing I can say is that he hasn't been crude. that makes for good debate and discussion over this whole football gaming thing.
Some people don't want to really debate, they just want to argue and insult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »