Home

Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

This is a discussion on Does EA Know Madden is not that great? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Dev team talent is not the issue.
Yes it is. They've proven they don't have what it takes to continue the franchise into the future.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #34
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree with alot of people. As long as madden sells millions of copies why should they change. Every year Madden comes out with a GIMMICK and every year flocks of people run to the stores and see what the new feature is all about. All this just to find out it was really a refinment of a older feature just improved or worked upon. Every year people run out to get this game and every year it's the same. To whomever said that the triple play series was a utter joke.. BRAVO because it was and that development team and Ea came out with a legit plan. Every year they would work on a element of gameplay. Well MVP baseball was the best baseball game in a long time IMO. I don't want to bring it up because I don't want to start a argument but I have to. NFL2K- O.k first game. New engine. In a few short years NFL2K5 was a great game. Not a great game for all but all the things that came together for that title in those 4 or so years was spectacular. I really think on NFL 2k6 and 7 2Ksports would've changed the running annimations and defense and would've surpassed madden. Bottom line Madden could change but why. They make loads of Money and have no competition. If they really wanted to they could change but it would take lots of money and more employees and ot. Heck Ea wouldn't even think of doing that. They already got busted for making people work ungodly hrs
Old 06-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #35
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

A lot of you guys don't understand that NFL 2K5 had it's fair share of problems. It was far and I mean far from a great game. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was it playable? To a point, online the CB AI was so terrible it was exploited on pretty much every play. Offline? Great game and a lot of fun but so was Madden. I'm just saying both games are great games. I don't understand the hate for EA, because 2K hasn't done **** to make me boast about them. NBA 2K6? Fast-break fest, no defense, too easy. NHL 2K6? Much better then EA's but that isn't saying much. And don't get me started on MLB 2K6. All these game companies will have their ups and downs, that's the way it is. Look at 989/SCEA, they went from NFL Gameday 98(one the best football games ever) to NFL Gameday 2003(Worse ever).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
A lot of you guys don't understand that NFL 2K5 had it's fair share of problems. It was far and I mean far from a great game. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was it playable? To a point, online the CB AI was so terrible it was exploited on pretty much every play. Offline? Great game and a lot of fun but so was Madden. I'm just saying both games are great games. I don't understand the hate for EA, because 2K hasn't done **** to make me boast about them. NBA 2K6? Fast-break fest, no defense, too easy. NHL 2K6? Much better then EA's but that isn't saying much. And don't get me started on MLB 2K6. All these game companies will have their ups and downs, that's the way it is. Look at 989/SCEA, they went from NFL Gameday 98(one the best football games ever) to NFL Gameday 2003(Worse ever).
Compared to Madden 2k5 is a far better...............ah you know what its no use not getting into this again
Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #38
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Preach on man.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Well, I loved the 2K games, but I do agree that they did have their issues. I remember for years you couldn't adjust your KR's in the game. I remember when the announcers didn't say the rookies last names. I remember 2K5's draft glitch of only drafting QB's, RB's, DE's and T's in round one. I remember marquee players getting traded constantly in the game. You'd look up and see Peyton Manning on the Chiefs or Ray Lewis in free agency.

With that said, you saw HUGE strides from the 2K games year to year. I think that's the issue here. In the 2K games, if something was wrong the previous year, they'd work hard to fix it for the next. They got rid of the WWF-esque tackling. They introduced a weekly prep. They gave you halftime highlights. Post game interviews. Mel Kiper draft anaylsis. The presentation was amazing. They even allowed you to add in your own tunes for stadium music. I can go on and on.

With Madden, they seem to ignore the problems people bring up year after year and instead create new modes. I think the Run to Daylight feature is interesting, but not when all the NFL QB's hold the ball high like Aaron Rodgers. Not when the tackling isn't as advanced as it could be. Not when WR's don't catch the ball in stride. Not when there is no TV style presentation. Not when there's a lack of ESPN presence. Not when there is no two man commentary team...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #40
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
You can't polish a turd. EA's commitment to innovation is a joke.

Last edited by onetonmartin; 06-03-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »