Home

Bothered by the release date

This is a discussion on Bothered by the release date within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Bothered by the release date

School starts 4 days after Madden comes out..

Anyone else hate that, We would always get madden within the first week of August and play it ATON before school started.

But now we only get 4 days..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Bothered by the release date

At E3, the producer said it comes out Aug 15.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Good idea. Release the game earlier even though there are more bugs yet to be ironed out. It's no problem, at least were playing the game two weeks earlier!!!

Uh, no thanks. I wish NFL2K5 was released a few weeks later to get some of the problems fixed. Everyone wants the game to come out earlier at first, but a few months after the game comes out, you'll usually be wishing they took more time to polish up the game.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Good idea. Release the game earlier even though there are more bugs yet to be ironed out. It's no problem, at least were playing the game two weeks earlier!!!

Uh, no thanks. I wish NFL2K5 was released a few weeks later to get some of the problems fixed. Everyone wants the game to come out earlier at first, but a few months after the game comes out, you'll usually be wishing they took more time to polish up the game.

sorry bro but 2k games are the ones notoriously known for releasing games with bugs.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
sorry bro but 2k games are the ones notoriously known for releasing games with bugs.
Very true. I loved the 2K football series. But so many people act like it was just the perfect game, when in reality it was just as buggy as any Madden game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
That's what he was saying dude, "I wish NFL2K5 was released a few weeks later to get some of the problems fixed"...
Old 06-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

how come in just about every Madden thread, NFL2k is brought up. There is a thread for it you know.

As for the release date, I to miss the fact that it usually came out the day after the NFC/AFC Hall of Fame game, now its coming out at the end of preseason.

The only thing that I can figure is that they are wanting to release Madden a month after NCAA so that they don't cut into the NCAA sells.

And Madden is street dated for August 22nd. It may ship to stores Aug 15th so that everyone has it for the street date.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
That's what he was saying dude, "I wish NFL2K5 was released a few weeks later to get some of the problems fixed"...
Yep, I don't know the point Spin was trying to make.

All I'm saying is that in the long run you will probably wish that Madden took a week or two to work on the game, and get rid of some bugs. Because a few months after the game is released, you wont care when you got it, you will care about how it plays and how polished it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »