Home

NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too?

This is a discussion on NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #25
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
This is true. Its just that 2k would give the illusion that more than 2 guys would bring a ball carrier down due to its many "break tackle" animations. In reality 1 guy would be gettin dragged by the defender and 1 or 2 men would come in to finish the play, giving they illusion it was a 3 man tackle. Thats where some cats get it confused. There were never actual 3 or 4 man tackles.
I'm glad someone else realizes this as well.... everyone thinks 2K5 had gang tackles when in reality it didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
I'm glad someone else realizes this as well.... everyone thinks 2K5 had gang tackles when in reality it didn't.
No, it did have gang/pile-on tackling, just not with more than three (there is definately a three man tackle animation, but it was very rare). Once a tackle started, I could help out. In Madden, I can't really, but sometimes when a ball carrier is in the grasp of another tackler, I can come in and get a tackle, but the other guy goes flying off. Doesn't look great, but I wouldn't mind if it happened more often. It feels more like a gang tackle than when my guy just dives and falls to the ground like an a**.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »