Home

One New Screen from Gamespot

This is a discussion on One New Screen from Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #33
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: One New Screen from Gamespot

I criticize a good amount in Madden, but I seriously cannot believe people are upset about grass. I just never got that.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #34
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

The grass will look fine when your playing. Ever since xbox 1 came out and they started using terms like "bump mapping", certain textures in games such as grass, brick/stone walls, pavement, etc... have looked silly in screenshots.

Seriously, next time you play PGR just stop and take a close look at the pavement, it looks silly. Take a close look at a stone wall in a good FPS. Hell, pop in Halo and find some grass then look directly donw at it while standing still.

For some reason, I think they have to use exaggerated looking graphics to make the game look better and more realistic in motion.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #35
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
The grass will look fine when your playing. Ever since xbox 1 came out and they started using terms like "bump mapping", certain textures in games such as grass, brick/stone walls, pavement, etc... have looked silly in screenshots.

Seriously, next time you play PGR just stop and take a close look at the pavement, it looks silly. Take a close look at a stone wall in a good FPS. Hell, pop in Halo and find some grass then look directly donw at it while standing still.

For some reason, I think they have to use exaggerated looking graphics to make the game look better and more realistic in motion.

I too believe the grass will look superb in motion. Those close up screenies we've been getting just make it look exaggerated. Although in those still shots it does look overdone but for a first efford, it looks decent. This will probably add to the immersiveness come when we own the game. Sometimes you dont appreciate those little things until you actually sit down and play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #36
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken

Maybe you're right. But as for the screenshots, they are hillarious. I love the black in the grass where it is 3-feet deep, LOL.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

I heard the grass gets mowed for the halftime show.

Seriously though, the models look great, to me, and it's nice to see they toned down the freakish leg muscles from last year.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I criticize a good amount in Madden, but I seriously cannot believe people are upset about grass. I just never got that.
Same here. People complained for the longest how it was flat and didnt look realistic, now they try something different by making it have some type of difference and depth and its the same complaint. I think its kool and will look even better while playing. Again its not like the Fifa grass, which I think is great, but its the Madden team. IMO graphics have never been their strong point. @ least they tried,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #39
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

^^Thats how I look at it, too.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Why Maddens player models look like rotund behemoths? Everyone arms look like they just curled the damn team bus. They all run alike in that jog non-chalant casual manner. There is no individuality in Madden, the only thing that differentiate madden models besides the obvious position is the numbers on the jersey.

There is enough memory for individuality in movement, characteristic and AI. I don't mean to offend those who like the game, I like it sometimes, but I'm bored and ready for more.

I completely agree.

I'm huge Madden fan but I was dissapointed in the players last year for 360 and it looks more like the same again this year. The grass looks sweet but I can't take those player models again which is sad because a DB shouldn't be built like most LB's.

I might have to stick with the PS2 version yet another year....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »