Home

Which would you prefer now after 1 year? Ground up or Port?

This is a discussion on Which would you prefer now after 1 year? Ground up or Port? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After 1 year..What should EA have done..Ground up or Port?
Built from ground up 42 75.00%
Port from last gen with all features 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Which would you prefer now after 1 year? Ground up or Port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
As long as we continue to pay full price for half done yearly editions, we will never see the end all perfect sports game.

We will never see an "end all perfect sports game" because there will always, always, be something that us gamers feel has either been not done properly or completely left out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
We will never see an "end all perfect sports game" because there will always, always, be something that us gamers feel has either been not done properly or completely left out.
Definatly agree here. I think I would have rather had a port since the "ground up" engine seems to be worse and not much more flexible than the current gen so far. Plus it lost the pretty running animations. Ill reserve most of my judgement until I play Madden 07, but so far I would have preferred a port with really detailed graphics and better presentation. I liked Maddens current gen gameplay. I feel with better presentation Madden current gen could've been so much better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #11

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well, I'm not talking about perfection. I'm talking about a company who's slogan is "If it's in the game, it's in the game." It's sad that we are here in a thread where people are saying they would prefer a port of current gen rather than next.

I'm angry today. Not because it's Madden, and not because I'm a former NFL 2K fan. I'm angry because we are putting out 400.00 for a new system and 60.00 for the game, and what do we have? We have a group of people asking which would you prefer, past or present? And the answer?

What does that tell you about the current state of Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #12
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Sheesh, we're all suckers really because what we're getting is far from a game built from the ground up anyways. How else to explain the same glitches being present in both current and next-gen Maddens?

What we're doing is being fed a line and accepting it because there's no other choice. We either play Madden or don't play a football game period. They know this. We know this. And I'm no better than anyone else. I was actually gonna skip out on Madden this year until I found a used copy. Until I saw that the Superstar Mode will be in the next-gen title. Now I know I'm gonna be there Day One.

Is it because the game all of a sudden is better? Uhh, no, because they hooked me with a fluff feature that will give me enough entertainment to temporarily forget about how angry Madden and the lack of innovation makes me. Kinda sad, and I know it.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I find it interesting that when EA hosts madden tournaments they use the xbox and not the next gen. That should tell us when they think of the '06 360 version. Hopefully things will be different for '07 since I've preordered my 360 version...
It tells us more ppl use the current Xbox to practice on..So, EA should use the xbox..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »