Home

Gaming-Age Madden 2007 Preview

This is a discussion on Gaming-Age Madden 2007 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Gaming-Age Madden 2007 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Lol its a videogame!!!!
Things can be said without such a negative vibe that I get from the EA haters. I'm going out on a limb that most people that are moaning and groaning are probably still in high school. Its a game so it enjoy it as that.
Heck I can't get my left leg past the right in the game of Twister. But do I complain? Nope I accept it. People would enjoy life so much more if things weren't taken so seriously.

Back on topic.
I'm going to try and echo what you're saying here. In the past, I've been somewhat overbearing with my criticism of EA and what they do with their games. I'm still a bit upset with them being able to get by with "We could only work on this, wait till next year" philosophy. The concern I have in that is they are using the "built from the ground up" comments to insinuate that we should be patient and accept what they put in the game for now.

So, yes, the concept is to have fun with this. At least, that's my idea. I mean, I have maybe 2 hours in the evening (and not every evening) to put into gaming. I can not continue to focus on trivial things. I have to operate under the idea of "put the game in, have fun with it and turn it off."

When you contrast Madden with my wife, kids and other things in my life, it's silly to to put so much energy into a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Lol its a videogame!!!!
Things can be said without such a negative vibe that I get from the EA haters. I'm going out on a limb that most people that are moaning and groaning are probably still in high school. Its a game so it enjoy it as that.
Heck I can't get my left leg past the right in the game of Twister. But do I complain? Nope I accept it. People would enjoy life so much more if things weren't taken so seriously.

Back on topic.

It is a game that costs $60.00! If this game was free then you would have a point. Anything anyone pays for should meet an acceptable standard, if it falls below that standard, one should complain, especially when ea has created a situation where they are the only ones that are allowed to use the real nfl in a video game. If I had a choice I would buy a competitors product...oh wait there aren't any competitors.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would also like to add that USUALLY, not always, EA tries to polish the features or feature that there adding. The 2k series was a great series, but with all there games there usually very buggy as far as freezes, stats, etc.
So maybe the reason why there not adding a ton of things is because they want them to work reasonably well.
Who knows?
What I do know is that I'm siked to try out this new running game feature.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
It is a game that costs $60.00! If this game was free then you would have a point. Anything anyone pays for should meet an acceptable standard, if it falls below that standard, one should complain, especially when ea has created a situation where they are the only ones that are allowed to use the real nfl in a video game. If I had a choice I would buy a competitors product...oh wait there aren't any competitors.
But everones standards are different.
My standards are obviously lower than yours.
EA did not create the situation. The NFL did. EA just jumped on it first before 2k did. Blame the NFL not EA.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #29
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
"put the game in, have fun with it and turn it off."
This is where I am at in life right now too. I am done being a video game critic. Now I am just a video game player. Same thing with movies. I go to be entertained. Not to be critical. Its a lot more fun that way. Heck, I am even enjoying FIFA world cup now. Sure its not winning eleven, but its still pretty darn fun.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Guys let's get this back on the topic at hand.

The diatribes of "EA is the devil" are getting pretty old.
I guess this was missed by some. Thread now locked as it has little chance of getting back on topic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »