Home

DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside.

This is a discussion on DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: DJ Rhudes Madden impressions..Current gen pics and videos inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePebble19
hmm...One would hope that before August EA can get the new vikings uniforms in the game...I'm no Vike's fan, but tt's kind of upsetting to see the old unis still in the game...
I'm pretty sure I saw the new Vikings uniforms in Head Coach so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #50
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

From the video, player's texture is definitely better. But the players' movements/animations don't seem to change one bit compare to the last few generations.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
The current gen looks pretty darn good.

And plays that much better.

That was definetly the case for 06. I purchased the 360 version and turned it back in within a week.

I love the current gen Madden even to this day. If the gameplay on the 360 is lame again or the camera's suck I will have no problem's enjoying 07 for the current gen again because the game play is more polished and the players don't all look like the same body build from DT to DB.

I could care less about the graphics if they don't improve the gameplay for 07thats' for sure. Looking at those videos for current gen it looks as if they really wanted to make a complete game this year since the new systems will probably get the most attention from now on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That was definetly the case for 06. I purchased the 360 version and turned it back in within a week.

I love the current gen Madden even to this day. If the gameplay on the 360 is lame again or the camera's suck I will have no problem's enjoying 07 for the current gen again because the game play is more polished and the players don't all look like the same body build from DT to DB.

I could care less about the graphics if they don't improve the gameplay for 07thats' for sure. Looking at those videos for current gen it looks as if they really wanted to make a complete game this year since the new systems will probably get the most attention from now on.
Well, let me be the first to say Playmaker, I for one will be looking forward to your current gen sliders again.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #53
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
From the video, player's texture is definitely better. But the players' movements/animations don't seem to change one bit compare to the last few generations.
Yeah, that's because the animation system used (motion capture) is old technology. EA continue to ignore this.

The least they could do IMO is eliminate all catch animations, and program the models so their hands and arms track for the ball no matter where it goes. This would get rid of those annoying situations where your DB goes for the catch/swat but misses it by miles because of a poorly chosen animation. Baby steps like these should have been taken well before next gen.

Last edited by Nza; 07-03-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Baby steps like these should have been taken well before next gen.
Excellent point. Had they planned properly the game(s) would be so much further along than they are now.

In looking at the first two videos, you can see they may have *finally* done what was being done in football games a few years ago and gotten players to display better footwork. And can kinda see they added animations to depict players shifting their weight on dramatic direction changes, rather than pivoting into position as they have for so many years. On the second video, although the free safety was beaten pretty bad, he displayed some nice footwork (person controlling on defense didn't put him in proper position fast enough). Also the strong safety tried to jam the TE and nearly whiffed; wasn't any of that dancing at the LoS crap that Tiburon's always used to depict bump and run. Also looks like they give you additional options to disguise coverages and fake blitzes as menu options/audible choices - not sure if that was in last year's game or not though. Overall looks like a nice improvement over 2006 - too bad this is the best look we've gotten of the game thus far.

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 07-04-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #55
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

So, I'm not sure where to ask this, so I guess I throw it down here...

Will there be a player editor/creator in the 360 version this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #56
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Apparently yes. Although I read somewhere the player creator won't simply allow you to define attributes, rather, you'll have to do a few mini games to determine attributes. Not sure how accurate this is though, it sounds bogus but who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »