Home

New madden video

This is a discussion on New madden video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #41
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New madden video

What the hell are these guys talking about?

You couldn't run before in Madden until now? Marshall talking about how you couldn't run on 3rd and 1 and get a first down until now in Madden???

Oh **** this is scary. they talk about the game getting balance now with this "lead blocker control" that I'm scared that the running game is going to be way too successful.

I didn't have a problem running in Madden before at all. Hell, even with the run/pass glitch I could gain 100+ a game online.

I was literally laughing at these professinal rb's talking about how you coudn't run the ball in Madden until now.

UH OH!

Oh, and then Dunn talking about how the game mimmicks him so well, that while he's playing the game he actually feels like it's him "playing" in the game.

Oh Jesus, that's a gut buster there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM   #42
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Running has always been too basic in Madden. I always felt that, unless you got lucky, you pretty much would run straight and get immediately tackled because there often seemed to be a lack of blocking/holes available.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #43
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

Well, a lot of people (and I'm not saying you because we've never played) tend to hit the old sprint button as soon at the qb hands off the ball to the RB.

Sure, do that and it is hit or miss. Learning to use the sprint button effectively allows you to help set up blocks etc and is a rewarding experience IMO.

I'll wait ot pass judgement on this "lead blocker control" feature until I've tried it out. However, just by the sounds of it I'm not too sure how I'm much I'm going to dig it.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #44
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

You can run the ball for yards in madden. The problem is it's just not very fun. Reason being that the tackling and the blocking needs to be fixed. Once those areas are cleaned up I think the running game will work a lot better.

One specific thing that annoys me about the running game is that you can be holding down sprint and run into a defender without attempting to do a move( be it a spin, juke, put your head down) and the game will send you into a break tackle animation that you don't have any control over. For example, you might spin out of the grasp of the defender without even hitting the spin button. I think stuff like that needs to go because it disengages you from the experience of being in the game for the place of a spectator.

Again, once they clean up the tackling, adding gang tackling and getting rid of the suction tackles, and fix the blocking, adding double teams and such ... I think the running game will be a lot of fun.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #45
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
Again, once they clean up the tackling, adding gang tackling and getting rid of the suction tackles, and fix the blocking, adding double teams and such ... I think the running game will be a lot of fun.
LOL...you listed a lot of things that have to be accomplished before you consider the running game to be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #46
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

my first exp with sega football i remember how much fun i had running the football.....working for 2,3,4,6 yard gaines

my last copy of madden was dante on the cover....i could run sweeps ALL day with micheal bennett.....no fun whatsoever

we'll see...im open minded
Old 07-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 17

In addition to a couple of comments mentioned, One of the biggest reasons 2K was superior to Madden in the trenches was because the Madden engine had a more simplified 'touch tackling' system that didnt give players the sensation of struggling or fighting to gain yardage and break tackles.

Also the Madden engine has a very limited collision detection model that results in too many of the tackles appearing to be unrealistic flying collisions rather than the more engaging and cooler looking wrap tackles in the 2K games.

This overall struggle and fight for yardage along with the more realistic looking tackling system leads to a more immersive and realistic gameplay experience for the player. In 2K4 and 5, I always remember how you would fear certain matchups because you knew you were going against a back that was going to be a headache to contain and bring down. You knew you were in for a long game of pile up and add on tackles to try and bring down some of the better backs in the league...it was great!

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 07-07-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #48
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
In addition to a couple of comments mentioned, One of the biggest reasons 2K was superior to Madden in the trenches was because the Madden engine had a more simplified 'touch tackling' system that didnt give players the sensation of struggling or fighting to gain yardage and break tackles.

Also the Madden engine has a very limited collision detection model that results in too many of the tackles appearing to be unrealistic flying collisions rather than the more engaging and cooler looking wrap tackles in the 2K games.

This overall struggle and fight for yardage along with the more realistic looking tackling system leads to a more immersive and realistic gameplay experience for the player
Yes, the fighting for extra yards and the feeling that the play is not over until the guy is on the ground was one of my favorite things of 2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »