Home

Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

This is a discussion on Lets see if we can get EA to listen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #33
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

EA is aware of the deficiencies in the game. They choose not to change them because it would be investment that wouldn't result in many more sales. I am not happy about that either, but as long as a trillion people are content with the game as is, nothing is going to change.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #34
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Its a damn video game. Jesus. A GAME ! I enjoy Madden every year. Is it perfect? Hell no, and it never will be. And that is because it is a GAME !!!! Get it ? A Video Game. Some of you take this crap so serious.
Finally, a voice of reason. No game will be perfect. I guess this just comes with age, but I find myself just playing my franchises for enjoyment as long is they are in the realm of reality. It's a video game, not life.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
In fact, I've had enough free time to work on my golf game more often and take up the guitar!
In golf, you use a driver, not a Fender. Looks like your game needs more work I'm afraid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Finally, a voice of reason. No game will be perfect. I guess this just comes with age, but I find myself just playing my franchises for enjoyment as long is they are in the realm of reality. It's a video game, not life.
Why bother to discuss it at all then? If asking they try to get the game to adhere to basic - BASIC - football concepts, or maybe make a *bit* of an effort to implement features that existed in football games years ago is too much to expect as a consumer, then guess we're better off not having any expectations at all. Why expect MGS4 to offer something we didn't get with MGS3? No need for Halo 3 to improve on Halo 2. In fact, if it's worse, we should all chalk it up to unfamiliarity with the new hardware. Same with Final Fantasy. I bring those up in part because these are the games EA execs compared themselves to when the exclusivity agreements were announced.

Interesting that Madden (and maybe most of the EASports titles) are the only games where people don't think the next gen game needs to be better than the current gen game. Or maybe I should say where some think there should be no expectation that the next gen game be better than the current gen game.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #37
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I was thinking that instead of crying on message boards year in and year out (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, I do it too) maybe we could organize a little better. My idea is that we get a list of 10-20 major problems with the game (suction blocking, DB A.I., etc.) and have members here and on other sites give it the old e-signature somehow and ship it of to EA.

The main thing is we can't just piss and moan. We need to explain to EA why these issues need to be fixed and how they would make the game that much more enjoyable. A few ideas on how to fix the issues may not hurt either. It would also be beneficial to have a mod here or on another respected gaming site with a contact at EA give them the list.

Hopefully if we approach EA as adults (funny considering we're all worrying about a video game) instead of crying like children they may actually listen to us for once.
But here's the problem.

Alot of people that complain about Madden are such a small minority. 'We' make up such a small number of unhappy customers.

I know at least 10 people that get Madden every year. None of them complain about the things alot of 'us' complain about here. Most everyone loves the game the game to death.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #38
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I for one still enjoy Madden every year. The game isn't perfect but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I'm just trying to find a logical way for EA to hear our gripes and take them seriously.
This is where I stand with the Madden franchise overall, btw.

Things need improvement, but I still think it Always was the best game on the market, even when competing with 2K a couple year ago.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Im all about reality. The reality is that there are too many people out there sinking thier money to EA for EA to care about what anyone on this board thinks, let alone wether youre going to buy thier game or not. I promise you, they will find a replacement customer for you.

I agree man. The world is too big. I just hope EA will finally figure out the right formula to make an incredible football game one of these days. Until then, we will just buy Madden each year because it's the only NFL football game and we all love football and a need a new football game each year.

I would play the backward compatible 2K5 on the 360 with updated rosters but that will never happen because EA will pay off Microsoft to kill that thought.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #40
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Why bother to discuss it at all then? If asking they try to get the game to adhere to basic - BASIC - football concepts, or maybe make a *bit* of an effort to implement features that existed in football games years ago is too much to expect as a consumer, then guess we're better off not having any expectations at all. Why expect MGS4 to offer something we didn't get with MGS3? No need for Halo 3 to improve on Halo 2. In fact, if it's worse, we should all chalk it up to unfamiliarity with the new hardware. Same with Final Fantasy. I bring those up in part because these are the games EA execs compared themselves to when the exclusivity agreements were announced.

Interesting that Madden (and maybe most of the EASports titles) are the only games where people don't think the next gen game needs to be better than the current gen game. Or maybe I should say where some think there should be no expectation that the next gen game be better than the current gen game.
Nobody said that they don't want to see improvement. If there isn't improvement, I don't buy the game or I send it packing and buy a game that suits my needs. All I was saying is that the talk of organized protests over a video game is ridiculous. There have been many games that I haven't bought because they are basically the same game. But there are games that I enjoy that didn't make the Leap everyone wants--This years MLB the Show, the last 2K football game (it was great, but it was just a polished version of the previous edition). I was just saying people take this stuff too seriously that's all. It is suppose to be a hobby for enjoyment. People feel entitled that the game is an end all, be all type thing. In reality it is their fault. For years, you see people hype up the game as the best ever and after 2 weeks all they want to be is QA guys...Not my idea of fun, but to each its own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »