Home

Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

This is a discussion on Lets see if we can get EA to listen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Lets see if we can get EA to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Things need improvement, but I still think it Always was the best game on the market, even when competing with 2K a couple year ago.
That's easily debateable. There are also NCAA fans that can make a case that it was/has been better than Madden. I think it's pretty undeniable that 2K was on a more forward thinking track, and that if both games progressed at the same pace they were, 2K would've surpassed it given what Madden 360 looks like it will be in it's 2nd iteration. Now that Madden has exclusivity, it's going to have more scrutiny.

I'd also argue that there is a lot more discontent out there than we know or allow ourselves to know. If you go online, there are fewer people playing Madden at the same stage even a few years ago (imo). Used to be the forum was full of people speaking on the game's many virtues; now there's a lot more people openly debating whether Tiburon's up to the task (and it's not just a few loud "complainers"). I have a group of friends that were huge Madden fans years ago - we used to get together at least once a month for an overnight session of trash talk/drinking/fun w/Madden. Of that group, only one person still looks at Madden the same way.

Madden isn't horrible. In fact, it can still be a lot of fun playing. But more is expected now. When being successful in the game is based more off your knowledge of taking advantage of the game's quirks than of using sensible football strategies something's wrong. When your speedy 2nd string 180lb DB is a more valuable commodity than your supposed all-pro 250lb LB, there's something wrong. When you have defenses not having to account for containing players like Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis, and a speedy 90speed back is more important than they are something's wrong. And it's not like we're the only ones that watch/understand basic football concepts. I believe plenty of people see things wrong with the game and feel exactly as we do - there isn't much we can do about it because the game isn't bad enough to not purchase outright if most others are going to purchase it also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Let's look at this from a corporate perspective: Every company is in business to make money right?? Right..... EA makes money by selling videogames right?? Right..... If EA and Tiburon make the "perfect" Madden game, they run the risk of people being content with what they have now and not needing to purchase the game in years to come. EA has the capacity to make the game as close to perfect as can be, but it's not a sound financial investment. EA is fully aware of what the consumer wants and needs, they have staff that is dedicated to figuring that out, but they also know that it only takes something to be perfect one time for it to never need to be again. Why risk people never needing to buy the game again, when you can have them buy the game every year with the hope that it will be better? We live in a disposable economy, if you make something that isn't, you'll lose in the long run. We also have to realize that "hard core" gamers make up a very small portion of the gamer population. So we can complain and boycott and whine and cry and bitch, but EA is still going to sell millions because its the casual gamer that keeps them financially solvent, not us.....
Old 07-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

if they made the so called "perfect game" and released the same game with some very minor changes and updated rosters...it will sell regardless.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
if they made the so called "perfect game" and released the same game with some very minor changes and updated rosters...it will sell regardless.
Indeed. The "if they make the perfect game they'll lose money" excuse is just another in a long line of excuses attempting to explain EA/Tiburon's sometimes non-sensical game development choices
Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

But people will still complain. And at $60 a clip, with roster updating being at an all time high, do we honestly think that this game would continue to sell at the same pace it is currently??? What practical purpose would it serve for any person of reasonable intelligence to buy the same non-flawed item repeatedly without any significant change to its general constitution??? Most of us believe ourselves to be intelligent, would you honestly make that mistake???????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 11

But people will still complain. And at $60 a clip, with roster updating being at an all time high, do we honestly think that this game would continue to sell at the same pace it is currently???

"LIVE" play...you cannot bring your own rosters on line. Online is getting bigger and bigger...
Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I read every thread. I too feel the same. I was a die hard madden fan back in the golden days of madden football. EA has F***** us all by buying the rights to the NFL License. They can keep putting out garbage because where else will you get a football game thats not an ea game? Hmmm unfortunately if you love the game of football like i do then your stuck with this mediocraciy (howeva its spelled) that madden puts out year after year. ENJOY. I for one haven't bought a madden game in since 04 and i wont until they show me a game thats more simulation then Arcade
Old 07-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #48
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think Madden, or most EA games for that matter, is arcade.

I think they try to appeal to everybody...more money to be made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »