Home

Oooh What a GREAT new feature...

This is a discussion on Oooh What a GREAT new feature... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Oooh What a GREAT new feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Are you kidding. I never said its old, I was just saying to include it as a FEATURE is stupid. Challenges are an actual part of the NFL its not a FEATURE for the game. It never should have been out of the game. I am not an EA *****, but they are getting progressively worse with their games.
They are just telling us it's in the game, there's nothing wrong with that. I for one am glad to see it's return. And as has been stated, EA isn't saying it's new so I'm not sure what your beef is other than you don't like the fact it wasn't in their all along.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I usually just read on these boards, but I have to say something on this subject. I have to agree with thmst30 on this subject here. To list replays as a feature is like listing 100 yard fields as a feature. It's part of the game. I don't recall them listing replays as a feature on current gen when they were implemented in 03 or 04(I can't remember which one), so why do it for the 360? I think EA did this to make their feature list look long. As we all know, the 360 maddens have been very skimpy as far as features go, so anything helps it appeal to the masses. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #11
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Who is to decide what a feature should be? If they want to list it as a feature so what. I agree that it would be nice for EA to do some things better, but after a while I wonder why some of you even bother with it. If I disliked the company that much I wouldn't buy their product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 20

People were upset that it was out of last year's version so there is nothing wrong with listing it as a new feature. Case closed.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I don't recall them listing replays as a feature on current gen when they were implemented in 03 or 04(I can't remember which one), so why do it for the 360?
Because it was not in last year and there were a lot of complaints about it. They're just letting people know that they are in this year. As stated by someone else before, it's not like they're touting it as a new and revolutionary feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
As we all know, the 360 maddens have been very skimpy as far as features go
There has only been one 360 Madden. We can't really speak for 07 but from what I've seen I wouldn't call it "very skimpy on features".
Old 07-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
Rookie

FilthyRich's Arena

OVR: 1

how can you take something out of a game, that was never in it to begin with? it's an entirely different engine genius, anyway you put it it's a new feature. cry about something else for a change.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
It wasn't so much the challenge system that was great in 2K. It was the presentation of the whole challenge event. EA has no clue how to have a good presentation.
I totaly agree with you. I'm a big Madden fan, but when you would challenge a play it seemed the game went dead. There was no emotion.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »