Home

Pop Warner video on Sportscenter?

This is a discussion on Pop Warner video on Sportscenter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 24
Pop Warner video on Sportscenter?

If anyone saw Sportscenter this morning, they did one of those around the country videos from someone who sent it in. I don't know exactly where it was at, but it was a clip from a pop warner game. Apparently one of the teams tried a field goal and it was blocked, but during the play it apparently was touched by a member of the team that blocked it. The center then picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD, and that team won the game and sent their pop warner team to the playoffs with that win. Anyways, they did a telephone interview with the kid who ran in the touchdown and he stated while everyone else was celebrating or being sad, he did this on Madden 06 a few weeks earlier and it came to him to pick the ball up and run it in the endzone. My question is, has anyone else ever blocked a FG in Madden? If so, please inform me on how this is accomplished?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Pop Warner video on Sportscenter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
If anyone saw Sportscenter this morning, they did one of those around the country videos from someone who sent it in. I don't know exactly where it was at, but it was a clip from a pop warner game. Apparently one of the teams tried a field goal and it was blocked, but during the play it apparently was touched by a member of the team that blocked it. The center then picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD, and that team won the game and sent their pop warner team to the playoffs with that win. Anyways, they did a telephone interview with the kid who ran in the touchdown and he stated while everyone else was celebrating or being sad, he did this on Madden 06 a few weeks earlier and it came to him to pick the ball up and run it in the endzone. My question is, has anyone else ever blocked a FG in Madden? If so, please inform me on how this is accomplished?
Yeah, I did in 2005, I used punt block formation and went right up the middle and blocked the Jets kicker. Returned it for a TD. that was the only time though. I still use punt block formation instead of FG block formation though because of it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »