Home

New Madden 07 Wii Impressions

This is a discussion on New Madden 07 Wii Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
New Madden 07 Wii Impressions

Quote:
After that the center hiked the ball and the Steelers ran a running play to the left, giving us a look at the controls for the running game. The way it was explained to us is that the remote represents your hands or arms, while the nunchuck represents your body. For instance, if you want to throw a stiff arm to the right, you can flick the remote to the right. If you want to juke left, you can flick the nunchuck to the left. If you're trying to defend against a pass, you can quickly move both the nunchuck and the remote up above your head to make your defender jump up in the air for an interception. If you can't quite get the pick, you can simply swat at the ball by swatting the air with the remote.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/m...ml?sid=6154033

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: New Madden 07 Wii Impressions

Man I don't have time for all that...lol
Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't want exercise playing a videogame! That's why I buy the system in the first place, to avoid exercise.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

That is insane. The Wii is like a workout tool.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

yea i think Madden Wii may just complicate controls. Plus, i wonder how sensitive things are, like, will the controller interpret a fling to the left as so, or incorrectly as an upward fling, etc.

i do love nintendo's innovation though...madden wii provides a good alternate to the way football games are played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

maybe it will be fun at first.. but since some of us, like me, play for more than an hour, do we want to swing our arms for hours and look like fools? i know i don't..
Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 AM   #7
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryumeijin
maybe it will be fun at first.. but since some of us, like me, play for more than an hour, do we want to swing our arms for hours and look like fools? i know i don't..
I think you've hit upon the key issue... at 1st I thought the remote was very innovative... for kids 9 - 13 this will be a new wonder... but for folks in their late teens and into 20's or 30's... this should get old in about a 1wk... IMO...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 AM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
I think you've hit upon the key issue... at 1st I thought the remote was very innovative... for kids 9 - 13 this will be a new wonder... but for folks in their late teens and into 20's or 30's... this should get old in about a 1wk... IMO...
Kids would actually get tired of it fast.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »