Home

Is anyone getting the PC version???

This is a discussion on Is anyone getting the PC version??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Is anyone getting the PC version???

I for one am looking forward to picking up the PC version of Madden this year. After looking at the latest videos, the animations seem to be improving, and it looks like it should be a great game...graphically. I'm also noticing the lack of info coming out for the current gen systems. It seems like the focus this year is 1. Next Gen 2. PC.

Anyone else looking forward/picking up the PC version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Is anyone getting the PC version???

I bought last years and with the roster updates it's not worth the $40 upgrade, i'm happy with Madden 06. When the game gets a top to bottom overhaul when Vista and directX10 comes out then it might be worth it.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Yeah i'll be getting PC....can't say i'll play it more than 360 though. Hopefully EA make the move to next gen PC for 2008 - by then everyone will have dual core Conroe CPU's which will slaughter the 360

Not sure I agree on the focus you mentioned though. PC is still not #2. EA added some stat display customizing stuff to the PC apparently but I suspect something will be missing yet again - like injury sliders, team captains etc in the years past.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if Madden 07 PC will use the current xbox 360 engine or the older ps2/xbox1 engine?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackson
Does anyone know if Madden 07 PC will use the current xbox 360 engine or the older ps2/xbox1 engine?
Madden on the PC uses it's own graphics engine that has nothing to do with the consoles as it uses directX. So Madden 07 will still use directX9.0c for it's graphics. It should look similar to last years game, which looked really good anyway.

I hope Madden 08 is the one that makes the graphics leap and will probably get an overhaul with Vista and directX10. If you've seen the game "Crysis" which is in development it gives you an idea on how great PC games might look in a year or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Xbox uses a variant of DX too - although in actual fact Madden PC was ported from the 2002 PS2 version, but it wasn't until the Xbox version started coming out that the PC version was up to date. Before then, the PC version use to be a year behind the PS2 version.

And despite the fact Madden 06 PC "required" DX9.0C, it doesn't use it. 9.0C brings SM3.0 to PC gaming and I think Madden just barely uses SM2.0, i.e., DX8.0 era Shader Model spec. DX is fully backwards compatible, so a game that requires 9.0C may not use 9.0 technology at all, it could still be using DX7 tech.

Even if Madden 08 PC is the new engine, I doubt it will be DX10. I don't think the 360 supports DX10 which means the current engine is DX9, which is what they'd port to the PC. However, DX9 i.e. SM3.0 is barely being pushed now in the PC market so it will do fine.

I do agree on Crysis though, yowzars, it looks amazing. I expected consoles to hang onto the crown a little longer than a year but it isn't every year PC gaming gets a transformation like Vista/DX10 so it wasn't great timing for next gen consoles in that regard :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »