Home

Why EA WHY!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Why EA WHY!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Why EA WHY!!!!!!!

The one misconception the article keeps putting out there is that with a exclusive NFL licence EA has gotten creative with their products. I don't see how NOT having the licence stopped EA from making all these other games. None are stopped by the license. None.

And the same with the other stuff. Without an exclusive licence, they still could have had the voices of the QBs and the referee. They've been Mo-capping players for years. Are we to believe the voices couldn't be recorded without this exclusive license? And we're supposed to be happy that they signed ESPN and did nothing beyond a sports ticker this year?

The millio dollar question is this: If Take Two could have made huge strides on XBOX 360 in their first year, would Madden's second year offering still have a radio announcer, a weak franchise, and complete lack of options?

And even if ESPN Football was limited to putting out a bare bones game like Madden but continued gaining their market niche with current gen, would EA have even pursued a Head Coach option (and thus make us buy two games) or would they have been forced to put those options into their current gen game to compete with ESPN NFL 2K7 thereby giving us what we want?

So no matter how this guy spins it, I believe we will never know how good our football experience may have been this year. The funny thing was, I always bought both games because they each brought something unique to the table. EA still got my $$$ and for the first year I am not sure about my football purchase because I was utterly disappointed with Madden on XBOX 360. And with this probably being the last year of current gen, will there be changes that make an upgrade from Madden 06 worth it?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree. Why can't they spend the time and put this into madden 360 "Head Coach" that is. I thought next gen had plenty of space that most developers don't even use.... Please correct me if I am wrong but don't current gen have options to choose to call plays and not play the game??? Why don't they just add on to that option. Yes people don't want to play the game but I just don't understand why anyone can't put this option into the games. Just add on every year and call it a "NEW FEATURE" LOL.....
Old 07-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with you guys that EA is spreading itself too thin as it's pretty apparent. Either hire more programmers or else drop some of these other games that aren't needed such as Arena Football.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree with you guys that EA is spreading itself too thin as it's pretty apparent. Either hire more programmers or else drop some of these other games that aren't needed such as Arena Football.
I think EA snatched up Areana football not necesarily to make some super big selling great Arena game. It was another football game that actually had a license and thats why they grabbed it. Another company, like 2k or someone else could have got thier hands on it and while it wouldnt crush Madden in sales, its still a licensed game that a good number of people probably would have been interested in. But since EA grabbed that too, there really was no need for EA to really put a good effort in thier Arena game.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Please don't take this thread the wrong way. I don't want to start a war. I saw a article on the OTHER games board and I read it and came away mad. It was a article on Current state of videogames football. Read it and come to your own conclusions. However, After reading this article I have a question..... Ea sports has Nfl Head coach, Madden Series, and Nfl Street right? And now they hint at Ea putting a few other titles out revolving around the nfl and the multi year nfl agreement. The question I had is Why in the heck is Ea spending time on other projects when even on the 2nd gen game on 360 still doesn't have all the features of current gen consoles. Why not give us what we want ( a complete game of madden with presentations) and when they have a good game to port over year after year only polishing the game up then concentrate on the extra time they will have and make those other titles then. I will be buying madden360 07 and it looks to be improved. The only issues I have right now with what I know is the radio announcer and presentation or lack of....
To put it quite bluntly, EA paid a crap-ton of money for the NFL license and they are going to get their money's worth out of it.

Wouldn't you if you were them??
Old 07-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
To put it quite bluntly, EA paid a crap-ton of money for the NFL license and they are going to get their money's worth out of it.

Wouldn't you if you were them??
And let me also add that I were EA, I wouldn't stop at Head Coach.

You guys would see NFL Fan, NFL Locker Room Attendant, NFL Concession stand, NFL Commissioner, and NFL Film Editor among others.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:18 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
And let me also add that I were EA, I wouldn't stop at Head Coach.

You guys would see NFL Fan, NFL Locker Room Attendant, NFL Concession stand, NFL Commissioner, and NFL Film Editor among others.

I wouldn't mind being able to make a highlight film right on my xbox...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Why is it I get this funny feeling that one day we might have to buy Madden "Playoff Edition".
LOL!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »