Home

PS2/XBOX Owners..Say goodbye to major updates...

This is a discussion on PS2/XBOX Owners..Say goodbye to major updates... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
PS2/XBOX Owners..Say goodbye to major updates...

Being that this is the 2nd year into EA Sports gaming on XBOX 360 and the first for PS3, the lack of PS2/XBOX news will twindle down. You guys saw how much of a drop off of coverage for NCAA on PS2/XBOX recieved so expect the same for Madden 2007. EA has realized they can do no more with PS2/XBOX and have maxed out their engine capabilities graphics and A.I wise.

Madden 2006 will be the last Madden I purchase for PS2. I can't stand to look at PS2 graphics and gameplay while I see that XBOX 360/PS3 is looking better and catching up gameplay wise.

PS2/XBOX owners im just giving yall a warning not to get mad at the lack of coverage for Madden 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PS2/XBOX Owners..Say goodbye to major updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Being that this is the 2nd year into EA Sports gaming on XBOX 360 and the first for PS3, the lack of PS2/XBOX news will twindle down. You guys saw how much of a drop off of coverage for NCAA on PS2/XBOX recieved so expect the same for Madden 2007. EA has realized they can do no more with PS2/XBOX and have maxed out their engine capabilities graphics and A.I wise.

Madden 2006 will be the last Madden I purchase for PS2. I can't stand to look at PS2 graphics and gameplay while I see that XBOX 360/PS3 is looking better and catching up gameplay wise.

PS2/XBOX owners im just giving yall a warning not to get mad at the lack of coverage for Madden 2007.
Yeah this is the last year really for PS2 and I think most people realize this. After this year...R.I.P. my little black boxed friend.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

madden has definatly not maxed out xbox's capabillities they just have no reason to try to now
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tend to disagree. Not everyone owns a current gen system and can afford one. Plus, the current gen games on PS2 and Xbox are selling very well. I think it is just a matter of time before it is all said and done, but I do not think that it will happen next year. I'm thinking 2 years from now as a possibility.

Quote:

Old 07-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

SickEm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I'll add to this: If anyone and everyone thinks they are going to have a PS3 before August 2007, your probably fooling yourselves. I am not sure how many copies for the PS3 EA expects to sell. If I have one, I'm buying, but I don't expect to have one until next year....

Last edited by SickEm; 07-17-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickEm
I'll add to this: If anyone and everyone thinks they are going to have a PS3 before August 2007, your probably fooling yourselves. I am not sure how many copies for the PS3 EA expects to sell. If I have one, I'm buying, but I don't expect to have one until next year....
Think negative and you won't get 1.

Always think positive my man. Best bet is to pre-order at atleast 5 stores. Also make sure you pre-order at a store that isn't in the city.

I expect atleast 30 PS3's at each store. Im 99.9% I will have one on launch day.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Think negative and you won't get 1.

Always think positive my man. Best bet is to pre-order at atleast 5 stores. Also make sure you pre-order at a store that isn't in the city.

I expect atleast 30 PS3's at each store. Im 99.9% I will have one on launch day.
Man are you setting yourself up for heartache. Why would anyone run out and buy a PS3 at launch? You'll be paying $600 plus tax just for a system that is guaranteed to have bugs (all new systems do), and that's not even including any games. If you've got the cash flow like that, more power to you. The wiser and more experienced gamer will wait for the 2nd and 3rd generation of systems to hit the market before buying.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
Man are you setting yourself up for heartache. Why would anyone run out and buy a PS3 at launch? You'll be paying $600 plus tax just for a system that is guaranteed to have bugs (all new systems do), and that's not even including any games. If you've got the cash flow like that, more power to you. The wiser and more experienced gamer will wait for the 2nd and 3rd generation of systems to hit the market before buying.
HAHA HERE WE GO...

Man I brought PS and PS2...Ofcourse im going to buy PS3. I like their games man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »