Home

HOF Madden 07 and EA SPORTS STORE issue..

This is a discussion on HOF Madden 07 and EA SPORTS STORE issue.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
HOF Madden 07 and EA SPORTS STORE issue..

If some of you recall, EA Sports Store had Madden 07 HOF Edition for $39.99 preorder and lots of people jumped on that (it's at its normal price now so don't bother looking). I went to EA Sports Store's tracking of the packages and I put in my info and it was still there, with all the info. I mean of course it's getting closer to that time when the release of Madden will be out but has anyone called or heard from EA Sports Store saying that they will either cancel all the orders or stick to them? All I got to say is that if they stick to this, the person who made that mistake is paying for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: HOF Madden 07 and EA SPORTS STORE issue..

I did'nt even know there was a hall of fame edition so I did a quick search. I found a PS2 hall of fame edition and one for the Xbox 360. Will there be a version for the Xbox?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

My order is still there for 39.95. I e-mailed EA right after ordering, and only got the automated responses of the order #, etc. So I'm guessing theyre going to honor it.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm guessing they will honor it as well. I bought two copies and have a hard copy and electronic copy of my order confirmation. Come August, they better honor it. If this was a screw up where some bonehead entered the wrong price, they should have contacted us about a month ago now when we placed our orders.

Come on EA, don't let me down!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I'm guessing they will honor it as well. I bought two copies and have a hard copy and electronic copy of my order confirmation. Come August, they better honor it. If this was a screw up where some bonehead entered the wrong price, they should have contacted us about a month ago now when we placed our orders.

Come on EA, don't let me down!
Exactly, they better not wait til August 20th-21st to cancel the orders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

I ordered at the 39.99 price like many people did. I have used the EA Store many times before as they send me 15$ off coupons often, they have relatively low shipping to Canada and I've never had customs charges with them in more than 10 shipments. Preorders usually get to me within 2 days even though I always use regular shipping. So overall, I'd say they are pretty good.

Now, on to the ugly part. On 2 separate occasions, I've had orders just not be processed after a price change. The irony is that both times the price had actually gone down. Both times when I asked, the first response was the order is currently being processed and then nothing happens. Last time it happened, I asked them if the new price came with a different SKU in their system, citing my previous similar experience, meaning the SKU associated with my product was never released and my order never processed. They said that my order had been rejected because of a credit card error and would be cancelled as a result. Aparrently, the order in the system was to be updated within a few days. That was in February and my order is still listed as "Ordered", never been cancelled.

My guess is they won't say they're canceling all the orders. They'll either honor them, or more likely, the orders will go unprocessed, they'll feed you the credit card information error line when you ask about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »