Home

Jump the Snap Feature?

This is a discussion on Jump the Snap Feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Jump the Snap Feature?

Has anyone heard if madden going to have this feature this year. I reallly hope not. After playing NCAA I'm quickly growing to hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Jump the Snap Feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
Has anyone heard if madden going to have this feature this year. I reallly hope not. After playing NCAA I'm quickly growing to hate it.

Hmmm I actually like the jump the snap feature especially against people who run left, run right, run back left, run back right then fire the ball and do not lose any accuracy on their passes I think it is pretty cool.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Hmmm I actually like the jump the snap feature especially against people who run left, run right, run back left, run back right then fire the ball and do not lose any accuracy on their passes I think it is pretty cool.
My problem with it is that it causes a very unrealistic pancake of the olineman. It doesn't seem to matter as far as ratings either, so in Madden terms it would be a crime to see Jonathon Ogden get pancaked by some back up D end using this feature.

Basically when you play on Heisman level the cpu does it to you constantly. It gets really aggravating to have a dlineman eating his free lunch in your backfield and not be able to stop it. They still jump the snap a whole lot even if you vary your cadence.

Sometimes when it happens it seems like they just get a little extra penatration, without decleating the guy. If it did that every time I would be happy with it. I just cringe at seeing my 95 rated OT on his back every other passing play.

Last edited by Deltron; 07-20-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

I dont even use it.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
My problem with it is that it causes a very unrealistic pancake of the olineman. It doesn't seem to matter as far as ratings either, so in Madden terms it would be a crime to see Jonathon Ogden get pancaked by some back up D end using this feature.

Basically when you play on Heisman level the cpu does it to you constantly. It gets really aggravating to have a dlineman eating his free lunch in your backfield and not be able to stop it. They still jump the snap a whole lot even if you vary your cadence.

Sometimes when it happens it seems like they just get a little extra penatration, without decleating the guy. If it did that every time I would be happy with it. I just cringe at seeing my 95 rated OT on his back every other passing play.

Ohhh, on Heisman in general you will get B.S like that. I'll say it this way, I like the jump the snap feature for online games. I think it is needed there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Deltron, mix up your snap count and you will draw the CPU off sides occasionally. I agree that the computer does get a lot of pancakes, but mixing up the snapcount really helps.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I love the feature and hope Madden implements it...to me it definately adds a new dynamic to the game. I just wish the D-Line would stop short more often, as opposed to just bullrushing offsides when you time it early.

Varying the snap counts is something that was probably overlooked by many for a long time, and so forcing other players to do that is pretty cool!

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 07-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

nastyshoes69's Arena

OVR: 3

sometimes they hold up,then get totally owned by the o-linmane,i've done this,and seen the cpu do it as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »