Home

Will Madden 07 support online Leagues

This is a discussion on Will Madden 07 support online Leagues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: Will Madden 07 support online Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
You know, it might be a LOT of work, but if someone wants to, you might be able to simulate an “on-line” league with the new Live Opponent feature. It will be a huge pain in the @$$ to keep track of all the stats and standings, but it sounds like it might be possible.
I was wondering about this. We'll have to see the specifics on how live opponent plays out. I don't think it'll be like last year's locker feature, but that was nice (outside of the glitch).
Old 07-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #10
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

EA is selling us fans short, ESPN NFL 2k2 on the dreamcast had online leagues why can't they do that in 2006?

I hope that EA shocks us and offers not only free online leagues but free online franchises. But of course that won't happen, if they even have online leagues it will probably cost 10 dollars per league you join.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 07-25-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
EA is selling us fans short, ESPN NFL 2k2 on the dreamcast had online leagues why can't they do that in 2006?

I hope that EA shocks us and offers not only free online leagues but free online franchises. But of course that won't happen, if they even have online leagues it will probably cost 10 dollars per league you join.
2K2 did not have online leagues.

EA did have online leagues a while back. They were initially sponsored by Dodge, then were supposed to be part of their Premium Package that you had to pay for. I believe this was for Madden 2005. Nothing has come of that since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell

EA did have online leagues a while back. They were initially sponsored by Dodge, then were supposed to be part of their Premium Package that you had to pay for. I believe this was for Madden 2005. Nothing has come of that since.
Fact of the matter is previous games have had online league with website support and stat tracking through the intire season two and a halft years ago. What is EA providing?? Oh yeah, I can take a rookie to the Hall of Fame, and as I play my singleplayer franchise I can invite someone to play as my opponent. I should feel so fortunate. If I sound dissappointed I'm not, just hate to see EA getting away with taking console football back in the past, and being applauded for shoveling crap to the consumer.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Those online leagues where a joke they had no player stats or anything remotely what 2k sports did.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRifle1z
Fact of the matter is previous games have had online league with website support and stat tracking through the intire season two and a halft years ago. What is EA providing?? Oh yeah, I can take a rookie to the Hall of Fame, and as I play my singleplayer franchise I can invite someone to play as my opponent. I should feel so fortunate. If I sound dissappointed I'm not, just hate to see EA getting away with taking console football back in the past, and being applauded for shoveling crap to the consumer.
Believe me, I loved the NFL 2K leagues as much as anyone, I was just clarifying.

If you look at other sports titles with 2K, the leagues have gotten even better. You can now have drafts, custom schedules etc.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Believe me, I loved the NFL 2K leagues as much as anyone, I was just clarifying.

If you look at other sports titles with 2K, the leagues have gotten even better. You can now have drafts, custom schedules etc.

Tell me about it. Which is what makes this football abyss were in now that much more disgusting.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Just get the PC version. We have run IP to IP leagues for 7 years. The stat log the game produces allows us to have web stat managers. The Spawn feature in 06 basically gave us back online franchise because the ability to spawn games from a master franchise file and upload results back to that file. So game injuries, actual game stats, etc....are correct in the master file. Plus, we can manipulate the draft/players easier with 3rd party editors.

Example of a PC league: http://house-of-playaz.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »