Home

Will Madden 07 support online Leagues

This is a discussion on Will Madden 07 support online Leagues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation Will Madden 07 support online Leagues

Why has there been no mention of online league support through Madden 07? If I missed this information please post a link.

What I mean by online league support is the game will allow you to setup or join a league, all games in that league would be tracked with stats and injuries through the championship game. The same league would also be tracked through the league web page. Am I correct in stating Madden 07 has still not added this function as it was in ESPN 2K5? Has there been any update of this feature, or lack there of, here at Operation Sports?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Will Madden 07 support online Leagues

I remember a few years back someone from EA stating that they didn't believe there was a large enough market to support online leagues. So unless they have changed there stance on this I don't think they will have online league support. I hope I'm wrong cause I love 2k's online league setup.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #3

OVR: 34

Yeah, the "market" isn't big enough for such things. All the while, their competitor is hosting online leagues/tournaments for all their top sports titles.

It can be done. Does EA want to put the effort into such things? Obviously not. They released the EA locker which allowed you to transfer franchise files via Xbox Live, but there was a glitch that would prevent leagues from being able to move forward. EA never addressed it.

It's just another piece of porof that we are subject to whatever they want to do with this title. I mean, they are looking into a cheerleader game. Why not focus on putting leagues into Madden?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

I would love to get an OS online league going. I call the G-Men ahead of time lol.

Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • DeviantArt
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I would love to get an OS online league going. I call the G-Men ahead of time lol.
You're going to have to fight me for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Yeah, the "market" isn't big enough for such things. All the while, their competitor is hosting online leagues/tournaments for all their top sports titles.

It can be done. Does EA want to put the effort into such things? Obviously not. They released the EA locker which allowed you to transfer franchise files via Xbox Live, but there was a glitch that would prevent leagues from being able to move forward. EA never addressed it.

It's just another piece of porof that we are subject to whatever they want to do with this title. I mean, they are looking into a cheerleader game. Why not focus on putting leagues into Madden?
As much support Operation Sports has given Madden over the years I'm surprised this has not been addressed as to keep it a thorn in EA's side. I continue to read post after post on how Madden has improved yet no one has a word to say about the lack of online league support from a company that now sports the NFL / ESPN license lock stock and barrell.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
You're going to have to fight me for it.
Not a problem.

Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • DeviantArt
Old 07-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

You know, it might be a LOT of work, but if someone wants to, you might be able to simulate an “on-line” league with the new Live Opponent feature. It will be a huge pain in the @$$ to keep track of all the stats and standings, but it sounds like it might be possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »