Home

Diary of a Madden Superstar IGN

This is a discussion on Diary of a Madden Superstar IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Diary of a Madden Superstar IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
My word won't carry much weight, but if he's who I think he is, he was diehard Madden only 1-2yrs ago. I think he says things because he wants to see change and doesn't see it happening as quickly as it should (don't mean to speak for you of course). DJ's usually first on tap with new Madden info; I know he was/is hardcore into playing online.

I like the ideas also, and you'd think it would be doable. Being able to watch the game from the sideline perspective, then look around the stadiums would be ultra-cool - especially since they did a great job rendering them. Close up I don't think the models for the fans look all that great though. And we all know the sidelines are piss poor - other than the head coach. Think it's a very cool idea though
All of which is irrelevant, since he's been tossing in all of the Anti-EA stuff at every opportunity. I get it. I am not saying criticism of EA in undeserved, but to just throw stuff in for the sake of throwing an insult in, takes away from the discussion, not to mention is likely to cause the usual 2k vs. Madden wars that always seem to erupt.

We've gotten the Madden forum to become somewhat civilized (relatively speaking) over the last 24 hours, I'd like to keep it that way.

If you have a legit Madden or EA gripe and it's on topic, by all means bring it up. Otherwise save the agenda for another board.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #50
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't know what position I would be. I think being a lineman on either side of the ball or a LB or DB would be cool. It looks like it might take some getting used to, but I look forward to playing a mode like this along with my dynasty.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
All of which is irrelevant, since he's been tossing in all of the Anti-EA stuff at every opportunity. I get it. I am not saying criticism of EA in undeserved, but to just throw stuff in for the sake of throwing an insult in, takes away from the discussion, not to mention is likely to cause the usual 2k vs. Madden wars that always seem to erupt.

We've gotten the Madden forum to become somewhat civilized (relatively speaking) over the last 24 hours, I'd like to keep it that way.

If you have a legit Madden or EA gripe and it's on topic, by all means bring it up. Otherwise save the agenda for another board.
Im not trying to cause a commotion bro....

Last year after it was stated superstar mode was still going to involve you controlling the entire team, I was one of the people that said that Superstar mode should revolve around one player visually and that the camera should be set on that player throughout that game .....Fast forward a year later.................

See my point....Some mods at MM and MN say that EA reads the boards so why not take advantage of our power and express our concerns..Maybe it will make it into next years version of maybe it won't.....we have to take that chance and with these next gen consoles are chance have increased about 30%.

sidenizzo-I get what you are saying about my last sentence...

Quote:
My word won't carry much weight, but if he's who I think he is, he was diehard Madden only 1-2yrs ago. I think he says things because he wants to see change and doesn't see it happening as quickly as it should (don't mean to speak for you of course). DJ's usually first on tap with new Madden info; I know he was/is hardcore into playing online.

I like the ideas also, and you'd think it would be doable. Being able to watch the game from the sideline perspective, then look around the stadiums would be ultra-cool - especially since they did a great job rendering them. Close up I don't think the models for the fans look all that great though. And we all know the sidelines are piss poor - other than the head coach. Think it's a very cool idea though
Yep...I've been balling on Madden since I was 6. People mistake my criticism for hate which is far from the truth. Im usually browsing the web for Madden news daily so peeps will get the latest info. All in All im just excited on what these Next Gen systems can do and get upset when certain things aren't implemented. Sorry if my opinions don't make some of you guys happy.

Last edited by djordan; 07-27-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
I get what you're saying. But I don't think someone should be perceived as anti-EA if the criticism they're leveling is valid. It's really not even anti-EA because he was talking about Madden specifically. Just over the past few months I've seen fantastic ideas from people just randomly coming up with ideas off the tops of their heads (I'm guessing), yet most of the time we're having to have in-depth discussions about basic issues the game doesn't address. That's going to generate frustration. I think we'd all like to be talking about how Tiburon's wowing us, but if they aren't they need to be called out on it. They should've ended the 2K5 talk a long time ago.

If anyone from Tiburon had visited the these forums when the NCAA demo dropped and the first extensive Madden 360 video had been released, they would've loved what people were saying. And it was deserved. I don't see why a legitimate criticism shouldn't be equally valid
Old 07-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im not trying to cause a commotion bro....

Last year after it was stated superstar mode was still going to involve you controlling the entire team, I was one of the people that said that Superstar mode should revolve around one player visually and that the camera should be set on that player throughout that game .....Fast forward a year later.................

See my point....Some mods at MM and MN say that EA reads the boards so why not take advantage of our power and express our concerns..Maybe it will make it into next years version of maybe it won't.....we have to take that chance and with these next gen consoles are chance have increased about 30%.
And that I don't have a problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
sidenizzo-I get what you are saying about my last sentence...
That was my only issue with your post.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

If anyone from Tiburon had visited the these forums when the NCAA demo dropped and the first extensive Madden 360 video had been released, they would've loved what people were saying. And it was deserved. I don't see why a legitimate criticism shouldn't be equally valid
Legit criricism is great imo.

"It's the Madden Suxxors because EA is a bunch of lazy azzwipes." That have nothing of substance to add to the conversation, that I am trying to cut down on.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Legit criricism is great imo.

"It's the Madden Suxxors because EA is a bunch of lazy azzwipes." That have nothing of substance to add to the conversation, that I am trying to cut down on.
Understood
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #56
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Does anyone know if you will be starting right away, or will you have to earn the right to start in practice, the preseason and little bits of game time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »