Home

Madden Community Day

This is a discussion on Madden Community Day within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #65
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden Community Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I disagree 100%

So you mean to tell me in Madden 2001 we can have alternate jerseys and historic stadiums FOR FREE! But now we are in Next Gen and we have to pay for it?

Thats weak and you know it..

What revenue do they want to get?....EA wasn't complaining back in 2001 when they had madden cards were we could unlock different stadiums.

How does the stuff we want such as alt jerseys and stadiums cost time and money when we had it before on a much weaker system for FREE?

Thats my gripe. Making us pay for something that Should come free is ridiculous.
It's generally conceded that next-gen games are far more expensive to produce than their current gen counterparts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3185663.stm

Quote:

Software companies have found the transition from one generation of gaming platform to another difficult, hitting sales and raising development costs.

"We are very scared about the potential cost of PlayStation 3 games," Jez San, Chief Executive of Argonaut Games told the Games Developers Conference being held in London.

"Retail prices are not changing but the costs of development are increasing." "This explains why the games industry is going through a consolidation this year. Consolidation is inevitable."
The reality is that the only way software publishers like EA can continue producing games while still maintaining retail prices at something near the traditional levels is to find new ways to generate additional revenue. The alternative is to pass along the additional development costs to the consumer directly in the form of much higher retail prices for games.

Given the two alternatives, I for one think letting the consumer decide whether the extras are worthwhile is the correct choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I somewhat agree

Where does the cost of the game that WE pay for go into this argument. its not that were spoiled persay. if we are, we can thank madden 2001 for it. A lesser system almost 6 years ago, has something that this system doesnt and everyone is claiming it has more power, space, resources etc. I dont see the point in bashing people, when EA itself created those expectations. Every year there were maybe just a few more teams and or jerseys. Nextgen comes around and is supposedly gonna sweep us off our feet but its back down to madden 2000 status.

Btw, how much money, time and resources does it take to change a orange jersey to a blue one? takes me 10 minutes in photoshop. Obviously its not about time or resources, but simply money. EA has recreated itself and we SHOULD be unhappy. they "spoiled us" and i admit, never promised us more, but what should one expect when you realize EA has 5 of their games in the top 20. There seems to be no breaks
I can respect the difference of opinon, but the price of games since 1989 to the present has remained nearly stagnant at around $50. (Granted that XB360 games cost $60, but that is due to Microsoft's increased third party licensing fees (something Sony will emulate or increase as well on the PS3); however, that $10 increase on next-gen is not even close to covering the rising costs elsewhere in game production. There has been significant inflation in that timeframe and the developments costs and personnel required to make the games, has also increased.

I understand people not wanting to pay anything for this content, but the fact is that micro-tansactions are the way of the future, almost as surely as digital distribution of games will one day surpass Brick and Mortar sales. And there is always the option to simply not buy it at all and speak to EA with your wallet instead of an opinion that they have obviously taken under consideration and rejected.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's generally conceded that next-gen games are far more expensive to produce than their current gen counterparts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3185663.stm

The reality is that the only way software publishers like EA can continue producing games while still maintaining retail prices at something near the traditional levels is to find new ways to generate additional revenue. The alternative is to pass along the additional development costs to the consumer directly in the form of much higher retail prices for games.

Given the two alternatives, I for one think letting the consumer decide whether the extras are worthwhile is the correct choice.
Thing is,....They aren't doing nothing with are money to warrent a NEXT GEN GAME besides the graphics.

Have we yet seen some physics for MAdden on Next Gen?....NO.

Have we seen ESPN put to use in Madden?....NO

Have we seen EA hire more people to do 3/4 man mo-cap tackles?....NO!

So you mean to tell me all this money is going to...ummm.... Lead blocking feature that was done on Gameday 98?

Thats not innovative....Im getting off course here but you can catch my drift. The money is going no where.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Thing is,....They aren't doing nothing with are money to warrent a NEXT GEN GAME besides the graphics.

Have we yet seen some physics for MAdden on Next Gen?....NO.

Have we seen ESPN put to use in Madden?....NO

Have we seen EA hire more people to do 3/4 man mo-cap tackles?....NO!

So you mean to tell me all this money is going to...ummm.... Lead blocking feature that was done on Gameday 98?

Thats not innovative....Im getting off course here but you can catch my drift. The money is going no where.
Ok, I see where you are going with this. But unless you've seen their production budget, i don't know where you can come to the conclusion they haven't spent more money.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ok, I see where you are going with this. But unless you've seen their production budget, i don't know where you can come to the conclusion they haven't spent more money.
I feel you...
Old 07-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I can respect the difference of opinon, but the price of games since 1989 to the present has remained nearly stagnant at around $50. (Granted that XB360 games cost $60, but that is due to Microsoft's increased third party licensing fees (something Sony will emulate or increase as well on the PS3); however, that $10 increase on next-gen is not even close to covering the rising costs elsewhere in game production. There has been significant inflation in that timeframe and the developments costs and personnel required to make the games, has also increased.

I understand people not wanting to pay anything for this content, but the fact is that micro-tansactions are the way of the future, almost as surely as digital distribution of games will one day surpass Brick and Mortar sales. And there is always the option to simply not buy it at all and speak to EA with your wallet instead of an opinion that they have obviously taken under consideration and rejected.
I see what youre saying. its like fast food places charging additional prices for tomatoes or cheese. when for 20 years it was the "standard". only difference is, there was some incentive and competition around so some places started advertising for 2 shakes for a dollar deals or a double cheeseburger combo whereas other places just stuck with the normal and tried to get by.

i guess people are just overly upset because theres no one around to undercut the competition and provide a healthy alternative. It's the direction you essentially go when youre all alone.

If EA sees nba2k7 charging for jerseys, you better believe EA will provide the consumer an incentive. maybe MORE variety and free jerseys already included in the game

we'll move on and enjoy our games. its just disheartening what our perfect world of sports video games is becoming.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
If EA sees nba2k7 charging for jerseys, you better believe EA will provide the consumer an incentive. maybe MORE variety and free jerseys already included in the game
Or they see it as a market trend and do the exact same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 12

I can't believe people are even arguing over whether your teams alternate team jerseys should be included in a football game or not. I wonder whats next on the list of things to remove and add as downloadables? Camera angles? Old teams?

So what does madden do so far with there nfl exclusiveness and espn buy out. The remove content normally found in most nfl games and make you pay beyond your 60 bucks you bought the game for. And they tell fansites then can't discuss the things they have done for years and make a ppv preview of madden using espn.
The one camera issue really upsets me cause i hate the default view for the most part and there is no way this could be explained by not having enough time imo.
Can anyone tell me if you can watch your entire game on replay like you could on 2k5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »