Home

Anyone plopping down the 10 extra bones

This is a discussion on Anyone plopping down the 10 extra bones within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #25
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Anyone plopping down the 10 extra bones

I will not get it. Why? Because I know when I get my copy I'll dive into the games and forget about the "extra" features. And I have no interest what so ever into the Cheese Fest season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #26
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

videogamecentral.com has the HOF version for the same price as the regular madden 07 for the 360 at $55. I've ordered from them before so I know its legit
Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudr
I have it preordered. To me it was worth it and I have the cash so I'm not worried about it. Info here

For Xbox 360:

FEATURES:
* Commemorative Exterior Packaging

* DVD with full game

* Bonus DVD video content that includes:

* Hall of Famer: John Madden -- A career retrospective

• Lead Block Through the Lanes—For the first time ever, control the lead blocker on running plays. Throw the perfect block to create a running lane, then take control of the tailback and rip off the big gain.

• The Season Begins in Mini-Camp—Create a player then build up his attributes by running him through skill-based, combine-type mini-games. In the off-season, use Mini-Camp games and drills to condition players or to rehab injured players to get them back on the field faster.

• Madden Gamer Level—Track your career accomplishments in Franchise Mode to earn Madden Gamer Points, then wager your rewards against the computer or live online opponents to reach the ultimate reward—the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

• All-New Running Moves—Use the all-new Highlight Stick to evade defenders with new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves. Smaller backs escape and break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field.

• Run Like the Players Run—All-new running styles match those of your favorite NFL running backs.

• Replay Challenge—Throw the red flag and challenge any play. Overturned calls or plays "that stand" play a huge effect on the outcome of every game.

* Madden Nation, Complete 1st Season -- includes all 8 episodes

* Madden Bowl -- Two bonus Madden Nation episodes filmed live at this years Madden Bowl

* Madden Music -- Documentary on the music in this year's game featuring the bands

* Instructional Videos -- Custom videos feature Tiburon staff giving gameplay hints and tips.
Completely and absolutely NOT worth it. I bought the collector edition of 2005 for the old classic Madden games, but this is garbage IMO.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #28
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll be passing as well. I just want to play the game.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

Is their a fluff edition on current gen as well? Wait, ...this is EA we are talking about. Of course there will be a fluff edition for current gen.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I would rather get hit in the nuts with a tack hammer than pay 10 bucks for the "extras".
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #31
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

No getting the standard version. Also not getting the strat guide however I will browse through it at the store.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
not no, but HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!
Same here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »