Home

No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

This is a discussion on No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

[quote=maddenps2][quote=sdrotar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

I disagree being a good defense depends on your play calling but it also really depends on your adjustments to what you see at the line once you see the offense set up.

Have you ever wondered why the patriots defense was so good a adjusting to Peyton Manning's at the line audibles? Or why the steelers defense was so good. They had excellent play calling but also had excellent defensive team leaders that would come to the line and adjust to what they saw yelling out directions to their teamates.

Playcalling and the chest game as you describe is more then just the initial play called in the huddle it's the way your defense can recognize and adjust to what the offensive does as they lineup.

Two defenses of the same talent could be totally opposite on how well they actually perform on the field if they don't have a good team captain or the ability to adjust to what they see on the fly.

If the offense has the ability to change player assignments and receiver routes it's only logical and fair that the defense has the same ability to match what the offense is trying to do.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

[quote=maddenps2][quote=sdrotar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

I disagree being a good defense depends on your play calling but it also really depends on your adjustments to what you see at the line once you see the offense set up.

Have you ever wondered why the patriots defense was so good a adjusting to Peyton Manning's at the line audibles? Or why the steelers defense was so good. They had excellent play calling but also had excellent defensive team leaders that would come to the line and adjust to what they saw yelling out directions to their teamates.

Playcalling and the chest game as you describe is more then just the initial play called in the huddle it's the way your defense can recognize and adjust to what the offensive does as they lineup.

Two defenses of the same talent could be totally opposite on how well they actually perform on the field if they don't have a good team captain or the ability to adjust to what they see on the fly.

If the offense has the ability to change player assignments and receiver routes it's only logical and fair that the defense has the same ability to match what the offense is trying to do.
You're talking about coverage adjustments and disguising coverage and fronts. Completely different than what the defensive playmakers do.

I agree to a point, there are some things I like to do with playmaker based on offensive formation and the front and coverage I have called. But the wholesale changes you are talking about as used in defensive playmaker is not how a team like the Pats makes adjustments at the LOS.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=bkrich83][quote=maddenps2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
You're talking about coverage adjustments and disguising coverage and fronts. Completely different than what the defensive playmakers do.

I agree to a point, there are some things I like to do with playmaker based on offensive formation and the front and coverage I have called. But the wholesale changes you are talking about as used in defensive playmaker is not how a team like the Pats makes adjustments at the LOS.
Good defenses do more then just disguising their defense they also adjust on the fly changing matchups. Changing of defensive assignments can happen after the huddle to better matchi up to what the offfensive comes out with. Haven't you ever seen a linebacker or safety recongnize a play and yell out to individual teamates to change what that player is doing. Also defensive playmaker in a way is just a way to disguise your defense aswell. If someone keeps hitting the same money play over and over and they think you are coming down in the same defense and you make a d-playmaker to cause a turnover that feels great and stops alot of bs. If your so insistant that the d-fense presnap adjustments should be removed then most of the offensive stuff should be removed as well, it's only fair.

So what would you rather have a watered down game that limits your ability to do what you want, or one that gives you the freedom atleast to command some sense of being the leader and adjustment of both offense and defense. I'm not saying the playmaker is tottaly realistic but I think it's more realistic then not having any ability at all. And Like I said if you want defensive adjustments so limited then the offense must be watered down as well to match.

Last edited by maddenps2; 07-29-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

[quote=maddenps2][quote=bkrich83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2

Good defenses do more then just disguising their defense they also adjust on the fly changing matchups. Changing of defensive assignments can happen after the huddle to better matchi up to what the offfensive comes out with. Also defensive playmaker in a way is just a way to disguise your defense aswell. If someone keeps hitting the same money play over and over and they think you are coming down in the same defense and you make a d-playmaker to cause a turnover that feels great and stops alot of bs. If your so insistant that the d-fense presnap adjustments should be removed then most of the offensive stuff should be removed as well, it's only fair.

So what would you rather have a watered down game that limits your ability to do what you want, or one that gives you the freedom atleast to command some sense of being the leader and adjustment of both offense and defense. I'm not saying the playmaker is tottaly realistic but I think it's more realistic then not having any ability at all. And Like I said if you want defensive adjustments so limited then the offense must be watered down as well to match.
I agree with that to a point.

But people saying playmaker is and using it to create exotic zone blitzes and such on the fly, as if it were realistic, and thats what teams do on Sundays is not accurate.

I used it for just what you said, coverage adjustments as dictated by offensive formation, and to disguise some coverage principles. I will in fact miss those things.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't understand how it was hyped in 2005 and now its not even mentioned.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
The biggest thing I want, that is what probably 80% of defensive pre-snap adjustments on field are, are true coverage adjustments.

Say I call Cover 3. The offense comes out in a formation that obviously Cover 3 is at a disadvantage for, I want to be able to adjust to Cover 2, or maybe man/free, or whatever.

I mean, all teams have automatic coverage adjustments (as called by the FS usually) that are dictated by offensive formation. That's the first and foremost adjustment I would like to see.

Other things like gap assignment adjustments and such, I would also love to see, rather than the old defensive playmaker style. That could just be me however.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=bkrich83][quote=maddenps2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I agree with that to a point.

But people saying playmaker is and using it to create exotic zone blitzes and such on the fly, as if it were realistic, and thats what teams do on Sundays is not accurate.

I used it for just what you said, coverage adjustments as dictated by offensive formation, and to disguise some coverage principles. I will in fact miss those things.
Yea well if a real team wanted to blitz everyone and do stupid defenses they could too, but NFL teams aren't coached by immature 12 year olds. Just because some nitwit likes to call stupid defenses doesn't mean you should remove the feature for those who use it in a realistic manner. Many things can be abused in a video game by the user that doesn't mean the feature removed and the game simplified.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

[quote=maddenps2][quote=bkrich83]
Quote:

Yea well if a real team wanted to blitz everyone and do stupid defenses they could too, but NFL teams aren't coached by immature 12 year olds. Just because some nitwit likes to call stupid defenses doesn't mean you should remove the feature for those who use it in a realistic manner. Many things can be abused in a video game by the user that doesn't mean the feature removed and the game simplified.
That wasn't my point. My point was someone had tried to pass playmaker off, as it was implemented as a realistic reprsentation of football. I merely disputed that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »