Home

No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

This is a discussion on No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #65
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How do you get that done before the ball is snapped? I mean, after I see the offensive formtaion, and figure out what adjustments I am going to make, I can only adjust 1 or 2 guys max before the ball is snapped.
I know what I want to do based on the package that is coming out. It is not all about on-the-fly adjustements. It is about creating a scheme that you want to run.

For example I might see a certain offensive package and want to call a zone blitz. I already know what changes I have to make to a play to create "my" zone blitz. As the offensive is walking up to the line I'm making changes to my play, changing player assignments.

Adjusting on-the-fly to the formation, you have time to basically shift your LBs, shift your dline, stunt the dline, and maybe shade the coverage one way. That is done after they show their formation.

So I can still do about 4 on-the-fly adjustments very quickly, and change a couple player assignments as the offense is walking up. Yes you have to be very quick sometimes, and you definitely have to plan out a system of what guy you change first, how many times you hit A to get to the next guy, etc.

Sometimes I'm overly ambitious and have to scale back things. But it was extremely fun to be able to go into practice mode and create new plays, then bring them out to the field.

Last edited by Deltron; 07-29-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 14

scrambling QBs dont seem to be an issue. I played against the Falcons and Vick was rolled out on nearly every play, but I ended up winning that game. If anything Vick was pretty bad, very inaccurate throws. The contain plays worked pretty well, and just manually dealing with it was easy enough in that regard. Its not anything like it is in NCAA...more representative of the NFL type play.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
I know what I want to do based on the package that is coming out. It is not all about on-the-fly adjustements. It is about creating a scheme that you want to run.

For example I might see a certain offensive package and want to call a zone blitz. I already know what changes I have to make to a play to create "my" zone blitz. As the offensive is walking up to the line I'm making changes to my play, changing player assignments.

Adjusting on-the-fly to the formation, you have time to basically shift your LBs, shift your dline, stunt the dline, and maybe shade the coverage one way. That is done after they show their formation.

So I can still do about 4 on-the-fly adjustments very quickly, and change a couple player assignments as the offense is walking up. Yes you have to be very quick sometimes, and you definitely have to plan out a system of what guy you change first, how many times you hit A to get to the next guy, etc.

Sometimes I'm overly ambitious and have to scale back things. But it was extremely fun to be able to go into practice mode and create new plays, then bring them out to the field.

I agree this helps especially if you like the overall structure of some plays but want to tweak it to stop something the offense has been killiing you on. The ability to change the plays beyond what ea gives you in their generic d-books is nice. Also making on the fly adjustments is nice on hurryup offense also. For example I remember certain times when a guy was beating me with a scrambling quarterback and some on the fly adjustments stopped that crap.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #68
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

To stop the corner routes in Madden you could call cover 4, and adjust the safeties' zones by expanding them to 1/2 zones ala cover 2. What would happen is the safety would play over the corner route and the cornerback would drop under it, effectively stopping it by double teaming it. I did this whenever I called quarters because the zones that the safeties play in a cover 2 have them basically adjusting to the routes on-the-fly.

The zone that they play is such a huge zone that they have to sometimes take the seam route and sometimes get over the top to play a sideline route. So I don't think it's that difficult to program really. If there is a WR on a seam route the safety guards him, if there isn't the safety the helps out the corner. They already did that on the current gen game. It may be complicated to program completely realistic communication but they can at least program simple variables for the coverage to follow that would help immensly.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #69
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron

You are way faster than me.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
scrambling QBs dont seem to be an issue. I played against the Falcons and Vick was rolled out on nearly every play, but I ended up winning that game. If anything Vick was pretty bad, very inaccurate throws. The contain plays worked pretty well, and just manually dealing with it was easy enough in that regard. Its not anything like it is in NCAA...more representative of the NFL type play.

yeah but you know there is more than 1 type of QB scrambler with these kids. Did you experience the old Tecmo Bowl. Drop back 20 yards run around. Zip pass to WR.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 16

Man Some of you cats are so BLINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD it doesn't even make sense.....

Please go to the madden challeneges and what not and say that vick is stoppable. Man when we had hot routes people could actual set up schemes to stop vick. Without them IT IS A WRAP.

Some of you guys that don't ball online or against top ballers are just plain ole blind if you think scrabling QBs are easy to stop.

Thats why Defensive pre-snap adjustments were key. O well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
yeah but you know there is more than 1 type of QB scrambler with these kids. Did you experience the old Tecmo Bowl. Drop back 20 yards run around. Zip pass to WR.
I played against that, it just doesnt work in nextgen the way it did in current gen. You dont need to get gimmicky with the game in order to contain it now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »