Home

Part 2 of the Cowboys/Deadskins video

This is a discussion on Part 2 of the Cowboys/Deadskins video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Part 2 of the Cowboys/Deadskins video

is up @ ign...insider only.

http://insider.ign.com/videos/articl.../721463p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Part 2 of the Cowboys/Deadskins video

After watching both of the Insider videos, I can definitely say this looks better than last year's game. But they've still got an awfully long way to go in the presentation and animations departments, IMO.

Everybody on defense (other than the guy you control) still stands around presnap in the same hunched over stance, like the fielders used to in ASB. I still see a little bit of Mario Running (can't dupe me into believing this engine is built from the ground up from the last gen). The tackling animations are still laughable in some cases (on the one sideline pass, the WR and the CB just sort of bounce into each other and both fall flat on their backs. Classic Madden.) And I don't know that I'll be able to take a full game of watching those same break the huddle cut scenes, which were horrible last year and are unfortunately still around this year. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone at Tiburon ever watched an NFL game on TV before.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

SKINS VS THE Brokeback Nation. classic battle. TO bad you have to join some gay club to watch it.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
SKINS VS THE Brokeback Nation. classic battle. TO bad you have to join some gay club to watch it.
Exactly, wish somebody would just upload it for everybody to see....
WIZ
Old 07-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
After watching both of the Insider videos, I can definitely say this looks better than last year's game. But they've still got an awfully long way to go in the presentation and animations departments, IMO.

Everybody on defense (other than the guy you control) still stands around presnap in the same hunched over stance, like the fielders used to in ASB. I still see a little bit of Mario Running (can't dupe me into believing this engine is built from the ground up from the last gen). The tackling animations are still laughable in some cases (on the one sideline pass, the WR and the CB just sort of bounce into each other and both fall flat on their backs. Classic Madden.) And I don't know that I'll be able to take a full game of watching those same break the huddle cut scenes, which were horrible last year and are unfortunately still around this year. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone at Tiburon ever watched an NFL game on TV before.

Just my opinion.
Co Sign.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

As long as I'm venting, one other thing that has bothered me about EA football games since about 1992: Anytime there is a breakaway play, pretty much the entire defense runs trailing straight behind the ballcarrier the whole way down the field, like a parade. Not sure if that makes any sense, but it's always looked really ridiculous to me, and it still seems to be there in the 360 version in 2006. Pretty sad, IMO.

There, I'm done complaining now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »