Home

New IGN Play of the Day - Cowboys/Foreskins

This is a discussion on New IGN Play of the Day - Cowboys/Foreskins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
New IGN Play of the Day - Cowboys/Foreskins

It's the masterbit theater video for everyone.

The 1st video is the 1st quarter

The 2nd video is the 2nd quarter

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles...78/vids_1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New IGN Play of the Day - Cowboys/Foreskins

graphics look amazing. game looks fun.

again ill state, the disconnection of cutscene players and placement force you back into reality. some of that stuff looks so real. just alittle more polish and its a winner. I mention it because the few cutscenes they do show, they all seem off. lol

When they show the Dline cutscene, there are no DBs or WRs in the distance on field.. It just comes away feeling very unpolished. So nice visually in so many great areas, and then youre little hiccups appear. unless the animations/cutscenes last longer and the user is cutting them short, so they appear to skip, we shall see

(5:26 mark, #85 gets tackled way out of bounds. next cutscene shows him inbounds vertical with the field, on the ground. Even the defensive player pan around.. There all bunched together standing up one second, then in their positions bunched down). whatever though, that seems petty in the scheme of things

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 07-29-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's impossible to see anything watching these tiny *** videos.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver
It's impossible to see anything watching these tiny *** videos.

hmmm. go to watch now.. then double click screen for full screen... looks near TV quality or better for me on 1280x1024 resolution monitor
Old 07-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
hmmm. go to watch now.. then double click... looks near TV quality or better for me on 1280x1024 resolution monitor
Looks way worse for me. It's stretching the resolution so everything is blocky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

lol.. oh.. alright.

i guess im used to crappy resolutions because it doesnt seem that bad. just less sharp overall.. you can really dissect animations and all that other stuff with graphics somewhat "out of the way"
Old 07-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Cow Pukes vs. The Almighty SKins.

Why the hell do the SKINS have fullhouse formation in there play book? Does any team in the NFL actually use that? THe guy playing that needs some help.

Last edited by extremeskinz; 07-29-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:07 AM   #8
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

I watch this vid… I must say I was surprised…. the 1st thing I noticed and looked for was realistic (player/model) movement… they seemed to run and move a lot more naturally than I’ve ever seen in a madden game…. The on field chatter was very well done…. I liked PA announcer however, I wish I could have heard how he call the 3rd and inches or even 4th and short ( does he said inches or just short)…

In regards to the radio announcer…. Its not that sounds bad, it’s just that it’s not natural that one individual broadcast a football game… the man needs a partner for banter… which leaves the play by play one dimensional... I mean what pro sport has just one peep calling the game..?!?!?

The things that bug are the pre-snap movement of the LBs… he looked like a wolf spider or fly quickly moving back and forth… very unnatural… and it still seems that the “D” is frozen in their stance… no movement at all, I fear that even if an audible is called, they would still be fixed in the same formation…

However, the offensive playbook illustrations look great and clear… but the “D’s” playbook illustrations still have that unintelligible look to them IMO….

Also… why does it seem as though all 22 players look to be from a plant with the gravity well of Jupiter…. They’re still basically all the same (stumpy) shape and size I guess this is and always will be a madden trademark….

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
(5:26 mark, #85 gets tackled way out of bounds. next cutscene shows him inbounds vertical with the field, on the ground. Even the defensive player pan around.. There all bunched together standing up one second, then in their positions bunched down). whatever though, that seems petty in the scheme of things
I also noticed that error in continuity…. I think it comes down to how many times this will occur in the totality of one game….

PS… I make these observations impartially as I can… the 10min clip does look fine… far better than I would have ever thought (yes I got those fall butterflies just watching)… and I understand that folk don’t like to here the negatives over and over… but under the circumstances EA has made themselves the (sole purveyor) of NFL video football… should they not be prepared for the highs and the lows that this (lofty) position brings….???

Last edited by xrams; 07-29-2006 at 06:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »