Home

New Video Grahics Interview

This is a discussion on New Video Grahics Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #33
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New Video Grahics Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Ask any of the guys here who went to TIB or any other ones from MN, MM, or MW and I'm pretty sure they will all say the same thing that Ortiz is a football freak just like us.

You know i'm kidding...

Laugh a little...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #34
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
As much as I get on EA. I have to agree that it probably was the best looking sports game. Which game do you think looked better? Id like to know wat some people think.

Are you judging still frames or while it's in motion... NCAA 360 stills from the zoomed in replays lead you to believe it's GAME OF YEAR material then you see it in motion from a far camera and you are like this is next gen?

Last edited by xylocaine; 07-31-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
What do you mean by the graphics part? I thought most people wanted improved graphics. This year's game on next-gen is stunning to me. I know this, if the graphics sucked then that's all people would be talking about. I thought they were going to add real commentary and TV style presentation though.
it just seems they added that helmet/fireworks element to truely showoff the graphics. and although thats sorta cool. they went in a total 180 from where i thought they said they wanted the game to be. they couldve done something alittle more realistic but you cant beat the eye candy of fog and fireworks.. its mainly a preference of mine. id go for less than stellar intros that are true to life than the over the top stuff. i know why they did it and i'm ok with it from that stand pt. but I can always hope for more realism
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 PM   #36
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Thats not what EA should do IMO..

Have 3 or 4 people allowed in a online match. I want the option as a fan watching my 2 friends play...to sit wherever i want to in the stadium. And watch my friends duke it out from that point of view.

but EA wont do it..
That's a cool idea. Kinda like Gotham TV. Now EA/ESPN want to generate revenues? Sell online seats to the Madden Bowl. Not the Madden Community day. They'd have to come up with the CPU vs. CPU mode first. And make it where you could use one of the panning stadium cameras to give a vantage point. In a fixed position, of course. Heck, they are hyping being able to find your own seat. How about being able to watch it from that seat?

And on the aspect of presentation, EA should really add more life to the stadiums if that is their focus. Don't have all off the fans in the seats. Have some watching from the skywalks, or walking to the concessions. Not all people are sitting in their seats. The stadiums actually look kinda dead on the pans of them. And there are live bands a lot of the stadiums. The Star Spangled Banner plays, jets fly over. All kinds of things that could really bring the experience to life. And they could be rendered cutscenes. Take a page from 2k on the fans walking in. Have a key player, with some commentary by the Radio Guy. And maybe they could do the home teams offense and away team's defense Starting lineups. The power is there, please use it. Man, there is so much that could and hopefully will be done with this game....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Are you judging still frames or while it's in motion... NCAA 360 stills from the zoomed in replays lead you to believe it's GAME OF YEAR material then you see it in motion from a far camera and you are like this is next gen?
Definatly stills. Animation and movement is a whole different can of worms. I just mean in terms of details and graphics. I mean you can see the stitches on the jerseys. Sh1ts crazy in HD.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

I wish they hired 5 of us...and implemented alot of things we had to say into the game.

I still want what NFL Quarterback club 2002 had, probably the worst NFL game to date. But man those Pro bowl skill challenges were so much fun. Just imagine playing with a bunch of people online seeing who can throw the furthest, or who has better accuracy..

Also not sure why everyone loves the stitching on the jerseys, looks nice..but NFL 2k5 had it..Its definitly nothing new.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #39
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Definatly stills. Animation and movement is a whole different can of worms. I just mean in terms of details and graphics. I mean you can see the stitches on the jerseys. Sh1ts crazy in HD.
Yeah but my gripe is that is "virtual" graphics, yes they are there but you have to replay and zoom to see it... you know what i'm saying?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #40
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
That's a cool idea. Kinda like Gotham TV. Now EA/ESPN want to generate revenues? Sell online seats to the Madden Bowl. Not the Madden Community day. They'd have to come up with the CPU vs. CPU mode first. And make it where you could use one of the panning stadium cameras to give a vantage point. In a fixed position, of course. Heck, they are hyping being able to find your own seat. How about being able to watch it from that seat?

And on the aspect of presentation, EA should really add more life to the stadiums if that is their focus. Don't have all off the fans in the seats. Have some watching from the skywalks, or walking to the concessions. Not all people are sitting in their seats. The stadiums actually look kinda dead on the pans of them. And there are live bands a lot of the stadiums. The Star Spangled Banner plays, jets fly over. All kinds of things that could really bring the experience to life. And they could be rendered cutscenes. Take a page from 2k on the fans walking in. Have a key player, with some commentary by the Radio Guy. And maybe they could do the home teams offense and away team's defense Starting lineups. The power is there, please use it. Man, there is so much that could and hopefully will be done with this game....
Co-Sign.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »