Home

PERFECT example why some people are mad at some things about Madden

This is a discussion on PERFECT example why some people are mad at some things about Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PERFECT example why some people are mad at some things about Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Maybe DeeJay's opponent doesn't want to play in a German stadium. And I know if I was DeeJay's opponent, I wouldn't want to play 15 minute quarters. And I damn sure know that I wouldn't want DeeJay changing the default camera angle. You put too much control on a user's hands online and you're asking for trouble.
I definatly see your point here, but I think giving users options to do things is better this giving them only a few ways to play.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The ritalin generation has no patience for anything but a run and gun four minute game, but I don't see why EA can't include the option for those who want to take the time and set up the game a certain way. I guess it's just development time that can't be afforded.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The ritalin generation has no patience for anything but a run and gun four minute game, but I don't see why EA can't include the option for those who want to take the time and set up the game a certain way. I guess it's just development time that can't be afforded.
Co-sign

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im sorry but you could never change the oppenents camera angle in any madden online. The question isn't "Why should I play on 15 minute quarters?" The question is "Why am I limited to only playing 4 minute quarters?"

They treat it as if the online portion of the game is a Demo with 5/,6,15 minute quarters/Stadiums/ and weather as part of the FULL GAME. Thing is we are playing the full game.

Feel me?
Actually, the games are all set up the same for conformity. All of the rankings are based off of game stats. 4 minute quarters, fair play turned on etc. Can you imagine how it would be if they let cheesers turn fair play off? If you want to change things, try an unranked game. They're basically saying that if you're going to play ranked games on our servers, you're going to conform to a standard that we set. I don't even like the way NCAA lets users pick their uniform color. The other night, I was playing a home game as FSU and the guy I played took Boston College and switched to their home uniforms so here we are with 22 guys on the field in almost the exact same color jersey. It made it real hard to tell if someone was open or not because they all looked the same.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #13
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Very good point. I know a lot of kids I play online are impatient as hell. You can hear them just rifling through plays very fast and they do everything real fast. When I see that, I usually get real slow with my playcalling just to piss them off. Had a guy get mad at me the other night because I called 8 straight running plays and chewed up over 6 minutes with my opening drive.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Actually, the games are all set up the same for conformity. All of the rankings are based off of game stats. 4 minute quarters, fair play turned on etc. Can you imagine how it would be if they let cheesers turn fair play off? If you want to change things, try an unranked game. They're basically saying that if you're going to play ranked games on our servers, you're going to conform to a standard that we set. I don't even like the way NCAA lets users pick their uniform color. The other night, I was playing a home game as FSU and the guy I played took Boston College and switched to their home uniforms so here we are with 22 guys on the field in almost the exact same color jersey. It made it real hard to tell if someone was open or not because they all looked the same.
So?

I play most of my games online in the MM Room where we don't cheese. Im pretty sure most folks online usally play 5/6 min ranked games. Like I said noone complained before so why take it out?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #15
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Maybe DeeJay's opponent doesn't want to play in a German stadium. And I know if I was DeeJay's opponent, I wouldn't want to play 15 minute quarters. And I damn sure know that I wouldn't want DeeJay changing the default camera angle. You put too much control on a user's hands online and you're asking for trouble.

I agree with you too. You would run into the problem of one user preferring one thing and the other user wants something else. Its hard enough to find a non 'cheesing' opponent online as it is but adding too many user options would be a pain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

ranked games should have the same conditions. if u want 2 change stuff, play unranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »