Home

just noticed something interesting...

This is a discussion on just noticed something interesting... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: just noticed something interesting...

I haven't watched the trailor yet but someone said they had a throwback bears uni from the 30's. I hope we don't have to pay for the alt unis.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
That looks like madden current gen.
I was thinking the same thing. I watched the trailer also, and I sure don't recall any current gen gameplay.
If I remember correctly,all Alexander was talking about was "Madden in HD".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #11
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I was thinking the same thing. I watched the trailer also, and I sure don't recall any current gen gameplay.
If I remember correctly,all Alexander was talking about was "Madden in HD".

Watch it again, pay really close attention while they're talking about having new content to download every day. The picture I posted is from just after they mention new themes & gamer pictures. Campbell is only on the screen for about a second, and it's in the background. If you're not looking closely, you dont even notice it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

It kind of looks like the old Tampa Bay 'pirate' helmet.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #13
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

looks (to me) like the Bills....
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #14
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
looks (to me) like the Bills....

I should probably stop replying to my own thread so much.. but, anyways...

I've done a lot of uniform research for the sake of replicating various NFL uniforms to use on a little PC game called Maximum Football - I can assure you - a uniform like this has never been used by a real team. There are pretty much only 2 options for what it is, maybe 3 - either A) a special "legends" uniform for certain unlockable players, B) proof that Create-a-Team exists, or C) an as-yet-unannounced alternate uniform for some team - but seeing how currently every alternate uniform is just a recolored version of the regular one, this is highly unlikely. The only team with a jersey in that style (with the thin shoulder stripe, then a colored sleeve) is the Jets - and they wouldn't have a red white & blue alternate.

Sorry for the ranting.. I'm kind of a uniform nut.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #15
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I should probably stop replying to my own thread so much.. but, anyways...

I've done a lot of uniform research for the sake of replicating various NFL uniforms to use on a little PC game called Maximum Football - I can assure you - a uniform like this has never been used by a real team. There are pretty much only 2 options for what it is, maybe 3 - either A) a special "legends" uniform for certain unlockable players, B) proof that Create-a-Team exists, or C) an as-yet-unannounced alternate uniform for some team - but seeing how currently every alternate uniform is just a recolored version of the regular one, this is highly unlikely. The only team with a jersey in that style (with the thin shoulder stripe, then a colored sleeve) is the Jets - and they wouldn't have a red white & blue alternate.

Sorry for the ranting.. I'm kind of a uniform nut.
other than the fact that the helmet (logo) is unrecognisable... would you not say raider... that the uni bears a striking resemblance to the bills...??? if in fact that is (Earl #34) it would seem possible that you could play him with a current team...??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #16
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
other than the fact that the helmet (logo) is unrecognisable... would you not say raider... that the uni bears a striking resemblance to the bills...??? if in fact that is (Earl #34) it would seem possible that you could play him with a current team...??

The Bills have red helmets. Mr. Campbell is most definately not wearing a red helmet. The Bills also have navy blue shoulders on their white jerseys - they dont have red sleeves.

When I watched the video at full speed, my initial thought was Patriots... then I realized - no, they dont wear red socks.. so I watched it again.. Bills? Texans? They have the red socks.. but.. wrong helmet.. then I noticed the red sleeves on the jersey - no one has that. So, I got out the camera, took a picture of the tv, and posted it here to see if anyone had heard something about creating teams or whatever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »