Home

PC or 360 version?

This is a discussion on PC or 360 version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
Rookie

starbuck's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PC or 360 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
are you serious, Madden for the PC will look like a better xbox version, and thats all...The 360 will look far, far better then the PC version..PLaying the PC version is still like playing a gurrent gen version no matter what kind of video card you have..
I cannot believe that Madden on the 360 would look better than on a gamer's computer. There is no game out there that looks better on a console than a good PC.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck
I cannot believe that Madden on the 360 would look better than on a gamer's computer. There is no game out there that looks better on a console than a good PC.
Madden 360 will look far and away better because it's using a more advanced graphics engine. The PC version is bascially a Hi-Res PS2/Xbox version, that's all.

Compare the PS2 or Xbox version to the 360 or PS3 version. Most will take the latter. I will say this that the PC version looks sweet but it's running on an old engine.

Keep in mind that with next-gen consoles not only do you get a graphics overhaul but the gameplay gets better as well. The PC/PS2/Xbox versions do have their limitations regarding graphics and gameplay because all three are using the same game and graphics engine.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

There is no doubt if someone actually made a native PC NFL game with resources like EA, it would look better than anything out there right now (or atleast, it will in the very near future with DX10), but as already stated, Madden PC right now is just a higher resolution version of the Xbox version basically, although I think there are a few extra effects and details on player models, albeit minute. Also apparently 07 PC is getting an overhaul of field textures, but maybe the PS2/Xbox versions are too.

Hopefully 08 is the version next gen comes to PC. PC will be more than ready to power it.

Last edited by Nza; 08-03-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

Hopefully 08 is the version next gen comes to PC. PC will be more than ready to power it.
I hope so too.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

And hopefully will not pluck our wallets to the bone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »