Home

Madden for 360....

This is a discussion on Madden for 360.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #33
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden for 360....

Some people make excuses for Madden by making it sound as if we can only have either presentation or gameplay. Why can't we have both? We had both 3 years ago. And on a current gen system, at that.

If a current gen game had good gameplay and excellent presentation, then why can't a next gen game have the same - why does the next gen presentation have to take such a hit?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #34
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

You people really dont get it, do you? EA's even said it themselves. They're going for a "on the field" experience - they dont *want* to use a flashy TV-style presentation. And, honestly, I dont blame them.

Sure, 2k5 had a nice presentation - but even with that game, after the first season, I ended up shutting off the announcers and skipping most of the cutscenes. Why even waste the time of developing the TV presentation when the majority of gamers are going to be skipping it anyway?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is there a create-a-player in 07, I cannot seem to find out if there is or not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Madden is so far behind. fever was the first to have highlights at the end of the game the only one to have towels and hand warmers.2k5 had create your own stadium music,halftime show,great injury animations jumping over the pile animations.great qb animations and i could go on and on.EA should take from these games, call it a brand new feature like they always do and make everybody happy.because unless 07 has some type of super fantastic gameplay,i see another snoozer on the way.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
You people really dont get it, do you? EA's even said it themselves. They're going for a "on the field" experience - they dont *want* to use a flashy TV-style presentation. And, honestly, I dont blame them.

Sure, 2k5 had a nice presentation - but even with that game, after the first season, I ended up shutting off the announcers and skipping most of the cutscenes. Why even waste the time of developing the TV presentation when the majority of gamers are going to be skipping it anyway?
Amen, brother.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by willithome
One thing that really bothers me out of the whole EA thing is there motto "if it's in the game it's in the game" I really wish that would go away. It's been false for so many years now that it's not really a good motto for EA!
Well you know they have added to this. The new phrase is, let me get it right. "AS REAL AS IT GETS!!" "EA SPORTS, if it's in the game. It's in the GAME!!"
Old 08-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #39
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

LOL, even the "on the field" presentation may be lacking any immersion based off the vids we've seen. Its just another line of BS EA fed yall. Even if the whole tv style presentation aspect is'nt there, they could of at least showed off the nice looking player models and graphics by having single and multiplayer cut-scenes to at the very least, look like its a "on the field" experience. It does'nt even have that. Instead its the same 3 to 4 cut-scenes after every play.

Honestly, I cant even understand why you guys would'nt want something, anything to create immersion on the field. Its as if some of you make excuses for EA lacking something, anything by saying "the majority of gamers skip it anyway". If there was a wealthy amount of cut-scenes, I bet it'll make the game 10 times more alive than it ever was. Since EA has never put even a decent sized amount of cut-scenes in Madden, you guys have come to accept the lack thereof.

There is a reason why the majority sopposedly skips EA cut-scenes. Cause they've been the most repetitive, non-immersive wastes of space since the origin of EA. Once you see the same damn cut-scenes for the 50th time....in the same game might I add, you get accustomed to skipping it. If it was varied enough to the point where it'll take you up to a season to see it all, the world would be a better place. You can keep skipping the cut-scenes, I can enjoy my sack, hard hit, recovered fumble, etc, to actually make me feel like I accomplished something. As for now, there is absolutely nothing in Madden that gives me that feeling.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
LOL, even the "on the field" presentation may be lacking any immersion based off the vids we've seen. Its just another line of BS EA fed yall. Even if the whole tv style presentation aspect is'nt there, they could of at least showed off the nice looking player models and graphics by having single and multiplayer cut-scenes to at the very least, look like its a "on the field" experience. It does'nt even have that. Instead its the same 3 to 4 cut-scenes after every play.

Honestly, I cant even understand why you guys would'nt want something, anything to create immersion on the field. Its as if some of you make excuses for EA lacking something, anything by saying "the majority of gamers skip it anyway". If there was a wealthy amount of cut-scenes, I bet it'll make the game 10 times more alive than it ever was. Since EA has never put even a decent sized amount of cut-scenes in Madden, you guys have come to accept the lack thereof.

There is a reason why the majority sopposedly skips EA cut-scenes. Cause they've been the most repetitive, non-immersive wastes of space since the origin of EA. Once you see the same damn cut-scenes for the 50th time....in the same game might I add, you get accustomed to skipping it. If it was varied enough to the point where it'll take you up to a season to see it all, the world would be a better place. You can keep skipping the cut-scenes, I can enjoy my sack, hard hit, recovered fumble, etc, to actually make me feel like I accomplished something. As for now, there is absolutely nothing in Madden that gives me that feeling.
Exactly. NFL 2k5 and MLB The Show are great games made even better by fantastic presentation. It looks like NHL 07 from EA will also fall into this same category. Why do people continue to make lame excuses for the Tiburon team who is mucking things up with Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »