Home

Madden for 360....

This is a discussion on Madden for 360.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden for 360....

doesn't look much better than last year. I watched all of the new gameplay movies and talk about boring. I really hope the presentation gets alot better in the future cause it absolutly sucks. I mean there is basically none. I am extremly disapointed that they really didn't add anything to that part of the game. Oh well what are ya gonna do right? I hope that NFL doesn't extend the exclusive rights cause I really want another football game besides madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden for 360....

Quote:
Originally Posted by willithome
doesn't look much better than last year. I watched all of the new gameplay movies and talk about boring. I really hope the presentation gets alot better in the future cause it absolutly sucks. I mean there is basically none. I am extremly disapointed that they really didn't add anything to that part of the game. Oh well what are ya gonna do right? I hope that NFL doesn't extend the exclusive rights cause I really want another football game besides madden.
I'm glad they dont have a cheesy tv-style presentation. When I'm playing Madden on a tuesday night, I want to feel like I'm playing a game - not like I'm watching a replay of the monday night game. I wouldn't mind them making use of the ESPN license for the menus and off-season things, but during the actual game, it's really not neccessary, in my opinion anyway.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I disagree. I think this game looks ALOT better then last year. Yes the presentation is lacking but it will get better. I was a hardcore "ANOTHER FOOTBALL GAME" player. Seeing this years madden and the videos are actually getting me excited for madden. It just seems that all the feedback says this game is definately improved. I think they have a good defensive base and this year a good offensive base. Next year they will probably spend time on presentation and Playmaker controls.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
well just don't but madden then, Plus the exclusive deal is still in affect for another 6 years I believe....
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I may not buy madden this year who knows. While I am not usually a person who is critical before I actually play I guess I just don't see much of a difference to last years horrible 360 version. I know that gameplay will be a huge thing to look at and and I know that franchise will be much better so I am hoping that's where the game will improve. But I hope you guys do agree that we all could use some more nfl games besides just 1 every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm with 'willithome', without a presentation, it makes the game dull and ultimately repetitive which can cause boredome. I guess its all subjective but there is alot of things Madden could of done to spice up the presentation but after over a dozen years, have failed to do so.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Baseball games like The Show are giving it to us, both hockey games are looking great, in terms of presentation, why does Tiburon have to be so stubborn? Again, unless it's a lack of talent.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Well, that's certainly a valid opinion, I guess.

I don't happen to agree with you and I would urge you to play the game before you declare it "no better than 2006". Quite frankly, that statement is trite and laughable to anyone who actually HAS played the game.

Madden 2007 is not perfect (far from it really), but it is so much better than 2006 that it is a joke to compare the two with a straight face. In my experience, this is the single best one-year improvement since the days of Madden 1992 on the Sega Genesis (which beat the ever loving crap out of the original John Madden Football on the Genesis).

Would added presentation elements enhance the game? Sure, for a while...But only if you are more focused on the things going on around you instead of on the play on the field would that improvement last. I can understand saying something like - "not having the on-field referees sucks because I like to use them for "non-intentional" pick plays on crossing routes, and without them in the game the defense doesn't have to account for that real element of the game, the LB can rove freely around the middle of the field without regard to traffic or incidental contact with the referees". But I don't understand saying "the game sucks and looks just like 2006 because there are still no on-field refs..." (Not necessarily saying that was your position, but rather a common gripe from the "presentation sucks" crowd in general; no personal malice intended...)

Presentation is all fine and well, but in the end, after 2-3 months of gameplay, do you REALLY still notice the refs and the sidelines and the FG net and the cameramen or the hand towles or lack thereof? Or do you notice the way the DB does or does not react to a deep fade when he has over-the-top responsibility in a 2-deep scheme on 3rd and 12? My point is this - presentation aspects that may seem lacking in Madden are secondary concerns to any serious footballer after the initial 30 days or so. If EA does not continue to make progress on the gameplay side, then slamming them all day is justified, but it is crystal clear that presentation to them is a secondary concern. Yelling about it is almost an execrise in futility.

At any rate, whether you agree with my assessment or not, I would encourage everyone to at least PLAY the game before declaring that it is even in the same ball park as Madden NFL 2006. Like Jules said to Vincent in Pulp Fiction - " Ain't no f*cking ball park either, it ain't the same game, it ain't even the same f*cking sport..."

Last edited by Moostache; 08-03-2006 at 11:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »