Home

The PPV trailer on 360...funny moment

This is a discussion on The PPV trailer on 360...funny moment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 AM   #49
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The PPV trailer on 360...funny moment

I prefer 2K over Madden any day of the week, but to say EA does not know what the market wants, that is just wrong. We are not the market people. We are the ones who want more out of our sports video games than just a good time. We want a virtual football world where we can feel like we are IN THE GAME.

We = Gamers looking for total simulation of football.

I would also like to add that even when I play other so called sim-ballers in Madden, it still does not feel right. With 2K Football it really felt like a chess match, where if you call the wrong play you will get burned, and if you call the right play you will get rewarded. In Madden, if you are good with that controller, you can dominate no matter what plays are called.

Madden is what it is and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I will enjoy it for what it is, but I know that I am missing out year after year. If you like chess, continue playing 2K, but when you are in the mood checkers, Madden will be there.

Hey, at least the graphics look really good...lol

Last edited by jrivera34; 08-04-2006 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
If priced at $19.99 on 360 and put out before yes. If not, no siiiiir.
It wouldn't have needed to value-price. I'd argue 2K is regarded more now BECAUSE of Madden and what it hasn't done next gen. It makes what VC did years ago with 2K5 look that much more impressive. 2K5 isn't getting mentioned all the time because there's a bunch of disgruntled fans not wanting to let go. We're two iterations into next gen Madden and probably the most innovative thing EA/Tiburon's done with the game is to figure out how to separate the alternate uniforms from the game to place on the marketplace. They've improved immensely in the graphics dept. which is a no brainer. But they've either remained the same or taken a step backwards in other areas. The current gen version is going to have more features than the next gen version of the game - they should be ashamed.

If there were no exclusivity agreement, we'd be looking at a totally different dynamic in terms of market share imo. Madden would still likely be the sales leader, but things would be a lot closer provided both games continued on the development path they were heading. We already know where Madden is; the question mark is where 2K would've been. And I think it's safe to say it wouldn't have disappointed in the way Madden has with it's mediocre offering. EA has been pushing people to alternatives with things like this PPV but there's no where to turn. They can do it simply because they control the market.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #51

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I prefer 2K over Madden any day of the week, but to say EA does not know what the market wants, that is just wrong. We are not the market people. We are the ones who want more out of our sports video games than just a good time. We want a virtual football world where we can feel like we are IN THE GAME.

We = Gamers looking for total simulation of football.

I would also like to add that even when I play other so called sim-ballers in Madden, it still does not feel right. With 2K Football it really felt like a chess match, where if you call the wrong play you will get burned, and if you call the right play you will get rewarded. In Madden, if you are good with that controller, you can dominate no matter what plays are called.

Madden is what it is and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I will enjoy it for what it is, but I know that I am missing out year after year. If you like chess, continue playing 2K, but when you are in the mood checkers, Madden will be there.

Hey, at least the graphics look really good...lol
Good post. When playing Madden, especially in the last few years, I always felt like it was me, my online opponent and the CPU playing.

In fact, I talked to a guy who was big into Madden and did fairly well in online and local competitions. He mentioned that part of his stratagey would be, if his running back was getting good runs and lots of yards, he would actually pull him so that the CPU wouldn't generate a fumble. I had always felt this way on kick returns. You had this feeling that in order to keep things balanced, a turnover was bound to happen.

I'm not saying the game cheats. I am saying that you can definately feel the programming of the game over the actual game of football. Programming is filled with if/then clauses, and Madden has always done a terrible job of masking them.

Which brings us back on topic, why would you purposefully draw an audience to exploit programming problems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #52
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
2k5 outsold Madden on XBox, I'm pretty sure that's a fact. If we can assume that most 360 owners also owned an XBox, two years ago, then I think we can also safely assume that 2k7 (if it existed) would've outsold Madden 07 on the 360. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Maybe it would've only been a port, who knows. But it still would've been a much sexier alternative to what we're getting. And nobody who loved 2k5 on the 360 would've switched back over to Madden, not based on what I've seen.

Madden 07 on the PS2 definitely would've outsold 2k7 on the 360, but there wouldn't have been any doubt about what the best game on the market was, IMO.

I agree 100 percent. 1 things for sure, I would have NFL 2k7 for the 360 on reserve and it would be the best game on the market.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #53
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

OH MY GOD. EA KILLED FOOTBALL.....YOU BASTARD!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #54
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Reminder to everyone to order the PPV special for tonight and look you can also order a T-shirt so people can identify you as one of the crazy one's that paid to see a commercial.

"Fans can purchase Inside Madden NFL 07 for $19.95 at www.espn.com (search Madden), or by contacting their pay-per-view provider. For re-airs throughout the month of August, check www.espntv.com listings or contact your pay-per-view provider.

Leading up to the pay-per-view special on August 4, ESPN Classic will air episodes of EOE's Madden Nation from 2 - 6 p.m. ET as part of Generation Y Week on ESPN Classic."

Last edited by xylocaine; 08-04-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #55
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Reminder to everyone to order the PPV special for tonight and look you can also order a T-shirt so people can identify you as one of the crazy one's that bought it.

"Fans can purchase Inside Madden NFL 07 for $19.95 at www.espn.com (search Madden), or by contacting their pay-per-view provider. For re-airs throughout the month of August, check www.espntv.com listings or contact your pay-per-view provider.

Leading up to the pay-per-view special on August 4, ESPN Classic will air episodes of EOE's Madden Nation from 2 - 6 p.m. ET as part of Generation Y Week on ESPN Classic."

Why wouldn't they just air this for free on ESPN for the loyal Madden fans? Oh I forgot EA has to milk a dollar from everything. They could use their ESPN deal to show Madden content on ESPN channels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #56
Rookie

TheDNA's Arena

OVR: 1

Yet nobody cried when they released the paid for Game Pack for GRAW, or that Microsoft charges you over $10 for most Arcade Games, etc... No, they only have it in for EA...

Ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »