Home

Roster Ratings AFTER ESPN PPV event?

This is a discussion on Roster Ratings AFTER ESPN PPV event? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Roster Ratings AFTER ESPN PPV event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
In most cases? Yes. It's called placing an embargo on certain information. Ever read a press release? You know the part that says, "For Immediate Release"? Well, it doesn't always say that. Sometimes it says, "Not to be released until X:XXpm on X/X/2006".

Another reminder. Did you see any reputable news media members reporting the name of Kobe Bryant's accuser? Didn't think so. You could say that that's an example of "normal news media backing down from something they're not supposed to publish".

Besides...it's freakin' ratings on a video game. Not like this is some HUGE news story that these gaming sites are sitting on. I'm sure if something seriously wrong was detected in Madden, they'd be reporting on it whether EA wanted them to or not.
How did that leak out I have forgotten?

I am not trying to pick any one site. I think it's an industy thing. It will get worse over time.

Agreed. Ratings not that big of a deal. But the main point being EA ha
s all the control. If they did not have monoploy they would not have the power for this ratings crap. Remember it starts with the small stuff like this then they will see if people put up with it. Then move to something bigger.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran
How did that leak out I have forgotten?

I am not trying to pick any one site. I think it's an industy thing. It will get worse over time.

Agreed. Ratings not that big of a deal. But the main point being EA ha
s all the control. If they did not have monoploy they would not have the power for this ratings crap. Remember it starts with the small stuff like this then they will see if people put up with it. Then move to something bigger.
Notice I said reputable news source? No major news organization leaked Kobe Bryant's accuser's name. It came out by nickel and dime news websites trying to make a name for themselves.

Again, I say TRUST ME. If there was something BIG to report, OS and everyone else would be reporting it with or without EA's permission.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Notice I said reputable news source? No major news organization leaked Kobe Bryant's accuser's name. It came out by nickel and dime news websites trying to make a name for themselves.

Again, I say TRUST ME. If there was something BIG to report, OS and everyone else would be reporting it with or without EA's permission.

So, back to the original question - do you think the ratings will be released after the PPV event? I don't know or care who bows to who, etc. - I'm simply curious to see the player ratings; gives me something to look through until the game is out on 8/22.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »